Wife wants your opinion

gunner22a

[quote name='gunner22a']Hi All,

I am a military officer and want to wear my military equilivent of a tux on the formal nights. It's crimson red (I'm Canadian) and the US equilivent would be Dress Blues. She thinks I'm trying to stand out in a sea of tuxes. I'm proud of what I do and don't feel I'm trying to "steal the show". Give me some help here before I go by a tux. Would you sit with me or would it make you feel awkward?[/QUOTE] I would lov to sit with you I bet your uniform looks just great. LOrelle

[quote name='lkb125']I would lov to sit with you I bet your uniform looks just great. LOrelle[/QUOTE]

Absolutely, wear your mess dress with pride. It is absolutely appropriate, a statement in your pride in your calling, military achievements and patriotism.

I would say wear it proudly, and I wish I could still fit into mine. There were a few retired officers on our last cruise who looked dashing.
My only hesitation is that when I cruised with my son(active duty Army) recently he was told not to wear his uniform while out of the country. I don't suppose you would run into too many terrorists on board ship so go ahead and wear it if your wife is OK with that.

Quick question - are you allowed to wear your uniform outside official functions? If so then why shouldn´t you. I have to agree with one of the other posters though have a chat to the wife and find out why she isn´t happy - maybe the red just doesn´t do so well next to her gown and I am sure you wouldn´t want that !!!

[color=teal]I suggest that you show your wife this thread that clearly shows many of us believe you should wear it, if she still objects: then I would not wear it. However after seeing how so many other cruisers feel, she just might change her mind! Good luck![/color]

[color=teal]Happy cruising..[/color]

[quote name='gunner22a']Hi All,

I am a military officer and want to wear my military equilivent of a tux on the formal nights. It's crimson red (I'm Canadian) and the US equilivent would be Dress Blues. She thinks I'm trying to stand out in a sea of tuxes. I'm proud of what I do and don't feel I'm trying to "steal the show". Give me some help here before I go by a tux. Would you sit with me or would it make you feel awkward?[/QUOTE]

I too am a Canadian and certainly would be proud to sit with you. Unlike our American friends, Canadians are not patriotic enough. We need to embrace our country and show our support to our service personnel and promote Canada as one of the best countries in the world!

I suggest that you show your wife this thread that clearly shows many of us believe you should wear it, if she still objects: then I would not wear it. However after seeing how so many other cruisers feel, she just might change her mind! Good luck!

I would agree with the opinion stated above. Remember, "If Mama ain't happy,...ain't nobody happy!"

Bon Voyage,

Dave

R.E.D.I.S.

Archived