Bringing back rum cakes

kaw904

:) I too love Tortuga Rum Cakes. First tried them in Grand Cayman a few years back. You can order them direct online at www.tortugarumcakes.com. They (Tortuga Rum Cakes) claim that their rum cakes are the number one export of the Cayman Islands! Not surprised. Unfortunately you can't buy Tortuga Rum online. I will be in Grand Cayman on March 31, 2009 with the Carnival Legend. I am sure we will bring back a few bottles after a quick trip to Stingray City.

We always bring back some on every cruise but I just noticed last week they are now in our locak Kroger's grocey store for $7.49 + tax. I think our bags will be a little lighter comming home from now on since we can get them here cheaper than what were paying in the islands!:cool:

We always bring back some on every cruise but I just noticed last week they are now in our locak Kroger's grocey store for $7.49 + tax. I think our bags will be a little lighter comming home from now on since we can get them here cheaper than what were paying in the islands!:cool:

Andrew, that is who carries them here... and those are the big cakes. I have to avoid the heck out of that section :p But I won't be purchasing them in the islands anymore... save the room and just get them locally, LOL!!

Andrew, that is who carries them here... and those are the big cakes. I have to avoid the heck out of that section :p But I won't be purchasing them in the islands anymore... save the room and just get them locally, LOL!!

How are they so cheap?

Lucy you can start selling them for a profit for your next cruise and they would still be cheaper Lol

How are they so cheap?

Lucy you can start selling them for a profit for your next cruise and they would still be cheaper Lol

LOL, I don't know... but I did check the expiration date and it was fine... I haven't bought one yet... but I do have a bday coming up, maybe I can just have one of those :p I'll let you know how it is, LOL!!!!

Ah hell...ya only live once! I still drink Budweiser and tell everyone I'm on that "I dont give a damn about my carbs" Diet. Hey... I work out! I'm doing my 12oz curls as we speak!:D;)

LOL, I don't know... but I did check the expiration date and it was fine... I haven't bought one yet... but I do have a bday coming up, maybe I can just have one of those :p I'll let you know how it is, LOL!!!!

The ones I bough last week all had a sell by June 3rd 2009 sticker on them... considering that I bought three they should last me till then! LOL! Nahhh.......

Those Tortuga Rum cakes are out of this world. I always bring a few home after a cruise. Especially the original and the chocolate.

Just polished off the last one yesterday from my Mioracle cruise 2 weeks ago.

I need to book another cruise and get more :)

If you have a TJMaxx or a Marshalls near you, they carry the rum cakes and whiskey cakes there. I was there today and they had a mess load of them.

• 7 months later...

Now that's what I'm talking about! I always bring back a couple when I cruise. No prob, since thier packaged in thick plastic airtight seal. They're so good:D

these small ones are only 4 oz each, so 6 X 4 = 24 oz. so getting a free 2 lb rum cake thrown in for $30 is still the best deal if you get the other brand, thats 32 ozs free.

Im kinda surprised that no one reading this thread has tried Black Beards. Usually there are two or three others piping in that have tried both brands.

I purchased this deal with the large rum cake free when buying 6 of the black beards brand...I didn't care for them at all...I ended up giving them all away and kept the tortuga brand that I purchased for friends..tortuga way better in my opinion

MMMM these sound amazing...I've never heard of Rum Cakes before now, I'm def intrigued! Anyone know if they sell them in the Eastern Caribbean (Nassau, St. Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk) :confused:

Now I'm hungry :(

My kids (age 19 and 25) opened up my last Tortuga rum cake this weekend unbeknownst to me. I found about half of it in the fridge when I came home, dried up and not so edible.

I about lost it. Inconsiderate bahsteds.

Archived