Anyone else looking forward to the aqua spa cabins?

joanne59

Thanks Joanne, we've been on 60 plus cruises, most with Celebrity and I've never had a bad one.

Some are better than others of course but the reason for my post was because of the people who do love to complain. Most of the time folks seem to have problems because they don't have enough information. I certainly wasn't trying to rain on your parade and I'm very excited to see the new class of ships.

Birders & Ma Bell: Thanks again for your input. I guess I was just hoping to find like-minded people who were as excited about this new concept as me.

:) Oh, I was very excited, too - which is why I first clicked on the thread! In fact, we were about to lock in those AQ cabins with another couple, as well, (I'd talked 'em into it, as they were leery about the much bigger cruise ship, itself...) and then we decided to go with the stern CC (on a deck between staterooms, not public decks), given the unknowns about AQ...and betting that the stern CC's might have our beloved large balconies...figure we'll learn from the first AQ cruisers and use that knowledge in future!

And, I was trying to keep the thread up-beat, I'm sure you know that some of them can take a turn for the worse.
Ditto - I only put a "watch-out" or "don't forget" or "you need to consider" caveat if I have some concerns based on experience...

When I am on a ship, very little disappoints me.
Ditto again. I just love to be on a ship...

Thank goodness we avoided one of the possible pitfalls and booked a cabin in the aft section of the ship. I would be a little concerned if a public area was above us.
Ditto...see above.

Too bad we all have to wait until December to get some answers to our questions.
And boy, will we pummel them with questions, huh? ;)

In the meantime, I will keep looking forward to this cruise and the 2 we have planned between now and then.
I wish you safe and wonderful cruises...we, too, have some planned - a Constellation Transatlantic, a Rhine/Moselle river cruise, and a first foray onto Oceania! (Caribbean), all before our far-in-the-future January 2010 Equinox...

A cruising we will go.... :)

Best,

Birders

Joanna

I live in WPB. when are you going on the Solstice. i am doing B2B for NYE. maybe we should meet at Seasons 52. I am so looking forward ot my AQ Class cabin and the spa and Blu in that order. then the flowers etc..

Joanna

I live in WPB. when are you going on the Solstice. i am doing B2B for NYE. maybe we should meet at Seasons 52. I am so looking forward ot my AQ Class cabin and the spa and Blu in that order. then the flowers etc..

Wow, someone so close to my home. I love Seasons 52, healthy yummy food reasonably priced and close enough to pop in for my lunch hour. That would be great. I work at FPL which is around the corner. Send me an email and we can arrange something. joannelaflamme@hotmail.com

Controlled mood lighting, music, ambient sound, lavish scent selection, pillow menu, special access to spa amenities ie persian gardens, relaxation room, spa concierge, blu, hansgrohe shower head, daily fruit & canapes, fresh flowers, welcome champange, leather key ring, personal stationary, tote bag, frette bathrobes, VIP invites to events, early debark/embark; dining preference; preferred shore excursion, express luggage, shoe shine

I searched for the CC amenities and was unable to find them specifically, however, I believe it is what I listed above after the "shower head" Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

As I said before in a previous post, we have never been in CC class cabin so this seems to the best of both worlds for us. We love the spa experience and with 7 sea days on this cruise, our cabin choice really lends itself to the relaxation aspect of the trip.

Also, if you are working on your Captain's Club levels any cruise you take that you are booked in a CC or AQ it will count as 2 cruises.

Also, if you are working on your Captain's Club levels any cruise you take that you are booked in a CC or AQ it will count as 2 cruises.

Are you sure about this? I talked to a Captains Club rep 2 weeks ago and they said you only get 2 credits for CC, not Aqua Class. It seemed strange you would not get 2 credits for both but they insisted you don't. :confused:

Controlled mood lighting, music, ambient sound, lavish scent selection, pillow menu, special access to spa amenities ie persian gardens, relaxation room, spa concierge, blu, hansgrohe shower head, daily fruit & canapes, fresh flowers, welcome champange, leather key ring, personal stationary, tote bag, frette bathrobes, VIP invites to events, early debark/embark; dining preference; preferred shore excursion, express luggage, shoe shine

I searched for the CC amenities and was unable to find them specifically, however, I believe it is what I listed above after the "shower head" Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Concierge Class Indulgences:

• Welcome champagne

• Daily fruit selection

• Fresh-cut flowers

• Daily hors d'oeuvres

• Menu of pillows-Conformance, Body, Goose, and Isotonic®

• Duvets and pillow-top mattresses

• Leather key holder, personalized stationery and a tote bag, Frette bathrobes

• Hansgrohe® showerhead

• VIP invitations to events

• Early embarkation and debarkation

• Dining and seating preference

• Preference on shore excursions

• Express luggage delivery

• Shoeshine service

Hi,

I have done CC and loved it, done the Sky Suite with the Butler which was great, and this time we are trying the AC.... I had a hard time deciding between that and the Sky but thought we would see what that is all about...One question with the whole scent thing that was mentioned...that is a choice right?? I have asthma and don't get along well with aromatherapy...

Second question...Does anyone know if Jet Blue is now included in the Luggage Valet Service? I just came off the Adventure in PR a few weeks ago, and that was a great program!

This will be my 21st cruise :)

Are you sure about this? I talked to a Captains Club rep 2 weeks ago and they said you only get 2 credits for CC, not Aqua Class. It seemed strange you would not get 2 credits for both but they insisted you don't. :confused:

I am sure, I double checked I am a TA and I told them that I HAD to know for sure so that I would have the correct info for my clients, plus I wanted the information for myself. She said that she was sure but she double checked anyway and came back and told me YES you get the double credit for the AQ just like the CC.:D

As we are doing a B2B with the Inaugural and Christmas cruise this will give us 4 cruises at once. We are really excited! AQ class, the Inaugural, and our first Christmas cruise all at once!:D :D :D

Forensic:

I vote you as our AC cabin spokesperson upon your return from that great b2b trip you have planned and look forward to your reviews. Of course, if you want to post a quick "shout out" from onboard the ship after your first impressions of the ship, cabin, Blu...I'm sure everyone here would thrilled. From a passenger's perspective, as well as a TA's view, I can't wait to hear all the details.

I am sure, I double checked I am a TA and I told them that I HAD to know for sure so that I would have the correct info for my clients, plus I wanted the information for myself. She said that she was sure but she double checked anyway and came back and told me YES you get the double credit for the AQ just like the CC.:D

As we are doing a B2B with the Inaugural and Christmas cruise this will give us 4 cruises at once. We are really excited! AQ class, the Inaugural, and our first Christmas cruise all at once!:D :D :D

Have you heard anything at all about the dress code with respect to Blu and the other alternative dining venues? Will the dress code of the day apply to most dining locations in general, and Blu in particular?

Somehow, to me, Blu looks more casual than the dining rooms and specialty restaurants on M-Class ships, and I can't quite see us dressing in a tux and gown to dine there..."resort casual" or "elegant casual" just seems to be a better fit in those surroundings.

Any information you might have, or even informed "chatter" on the subject would be interesting.

Thanks for sharing your experiences as a TA with us. I look forward to hearing from you on your return from the Inaugural and Christmas cruises. (I would also be very interested to know if there are any noise issues for AC cabins below the pool area :) ).

That is great news! Thanks for the reply!:)

• 2 weeks later...

IMHO-

I have always booked CC, and when looking into AQ on the Equinox, I see only a slight difference per day in cost. We have always paid for Perisian Gardens as well and made good use of the facilities daily. I am not so interested in the Healthy food on vacation, however, I feel that it might really come in handly for lunch. We normally book daily breakfast on our balcony, perhaps BLU might not be as caotic as the dining room is for breakfast.

I really love aromatherapy. If you have sensitivity to scents, I definately would avoid it. However, as others have said, it is still too soon to tell all the details. I consider bottled water (we drink a ton a day), spa benefits, and speciality room class touches in AQ all worth while. If I would add of these items seperatly for our 13 night cruise, it all makes sense to book AQ over CC. Normally we prefer back aft cabins, if I hear otherwise, then will likely change to aft / sky suite.

I do hope that Blu attire will be business casual for dinner. In fact ,gourmet food in comfy clothing (country club casual) sounds great to me.

Daphna, I too feel that the AQ benefits seem worth the minimal upcharge for the AQ cabin over the CC cabins - at least, at first glance. The reality of whether or not they really ARE worth it remains to be seen - but I'm definitely looking forward to finding out. :)

A couple things I noticed in your post that might be misconceptions:

I am not so interested in the Healthy food on vacation, however, I feel that it might really come in handly for lunch. We normally book daily breakfast on our balcony, perhaps BLU might not be as caotic as the dining room is for breakfast. [/Quote]

First, as I mentioned in an earlier post in this thread, Celebrity is insisting that Blue will NOT be "healthy" fare - it will be just as gourmet and decadent as the other specialty restaurants. The difference is that they say the focus will be more on "fresh" ingredients, and an example was the use of more reduction sauces vs. cream sauces. But I've actually called them twice to ask about this restaurant, and everything I'm hearing and reading indicates that it's NOT "healthy fare" like the AquaSpa cafe, although it might have more healthy options available on the menu.

Second, I'm not sure that Blu will even be available for breakfast and lunch - it's considered a specialty restaurant. I haven't been on a Celebrity cruise in years, so I don't know...ARE the specialty restaurants usually open for breakfast/lunch?

I do hope that Blu attire will be business casual for dinner. In fact ,gourmet food in comfy clothing (country club casual) sounds great to me.

Everything I'm reading indicates that Blu will follow the same dress code as the main dining room - including formal nights. Has anyone read anything differently? This is actually a very good question - if Blu doesn't do formal night, I'm not so sure I want to dine there. I LOVE formal nights!

[B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]Just found this on the internet:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000080][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][COLOR=#cc0000]Blu[/COLOR][/B]"Clean cuisine" [COLOR="Black"]is served in this soothing specialty venue designed by Celebrity’s own Newbuilding and Design team. A venue exclusively for guests booked in Celebrity Solstice’s new AquaClass category of accommodations, Blu is open for other guests on a space-available basis. The menu features savory appetizers such as roasted beet salad with goat cheese; Mediterranean chopped salad with pita chips and pomegranate vinaigrette; and entrees including blackened ahi tuna, pan-seared filet mignon, and herb-crusted rack of lamb[/COLOR]

I just put down a deposit for AQ for a Caribbean Cruise on the Equinox; seems like it should be a fun concept without being too much more money than a regular balcony cabin. We reserved one of the AQ rooms on the "hump." It will be interesting to see if these cabins on the hump are any different than the other AQ cabins. I am eagerly awaiting the first group of cruise critic members to report back from Solstice after she has her maiden voyage.

Since no one at the RCCL "special needs" desk seems to know which ships have pool lifts could someone please report back on the solarium pool in the AQ class area? They do have two wheelchair accessible cabins and one would assume but that has not worked in the past. It's the pits booking a wonderful CC aft cabin for South America and then find you're not going to be cooling off in the pool or warming the muscles in a hot tub. Right now I know that Constellation, Century and Azamara Journey all have at least one pool equipped with a lift. Celebrity's site also lists Galaxy but they must hide it... ;-)

Anyhoo...the DH would love the quiet to read and stare at the sea and I would love the spa and sun. We would both enjoy Blu.

You can count me among those that can hardly wait! We usually book the Concierge Class Staterooms, we like the little extras and for the few $$ extra we have gotten the extra Captain Club credits. The full room service breakfast was worth it alone.

We booked a B2B of the Inaugural and Christmas week. When they announced that they were going to have Aqua Class we were intrigued and wanted to try it. We are not into "vegan" food we are red meat eaters. If they serve too much weird food in Blu we are thrilled that there are so many beautiful restaurants. BUT I do not know - so I will not judge it until I experience it!

For now we are just excited and REALLY looking forward to it.

[quote name='dmk'][B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]Just found this on the internet:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000080][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][COLOR=#cc0000]Blu[/COLOR][/B]"Clean cuisine" [COLOR="Black"]is served in this soothing specialty venue designed by Celebrity’s own Newbuilding and Design team. A venue exclusively for guests booked in Celebrity Solstice’s new AquaClass category of accommodations, Blu is open for other guests on a space-available basis. The menu features savory appetizers such as roasted beet salad with goat cheese; Mediterranean chopped salad with pita chips and pomegranate vinaigrette; and entrees including blackened ahi tuna, pan-seared filet mignon, and herb-crusted rack of lamb[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Now that sounds like what I was hoping for! If they were going to be serving tasteless "healthy" stuff in Blu, I wouldn't bother with an AQ cabin. But that sounds like my kinda menu!

Hello!! We are booked in the AQ class room for Jan 18, 09 and are really excited!!!!

We are looking forward to cruising with the whole spa element. Blu sounds great to us, but we were also told by Celebrity that we could mix and match. If we wanted to, we could use the Main dining room as long as we let them know in the am the day of. And of course, there is the specialty dining that we have heard so much about. I can immagine trying a new place every night of the trip!!!

Archived