Boombox on the pool deck??

Tapi

I have some friends who just boarded the Elation on Saturday. They called me from the ship saying that there was a group of passengers on the pool deck who had brought their own boombox and they were listening to it at full volume. They said that while this group was having a blast, the other passengers were less than happy. Everybody had this look of "what the heck is going on here??" but nobody would take the initiative to tell them to shut it off (apparently this group was very intoxicated and animated, and nobody wanted to be the one telling them to take the party somewhere else and risk causing a scene). At least until the last time I spoke with my friends, not even ship employee's had asked them to turn the boombox off.

My question is: Aren't there rules concerning personal stereo systems on the ship? Aren't crewmembers supposed to act as rule enforcing agents? How much should a passenger take from another disruptive passenger before they take the initiative to stop the behavior if a crew member won't?

My question is: Aren't there rules concerning personal stereo systems on the ship? Aren't crewmembers supposed to act as rule enforcing agents? How much should a passenger take from another disruptive passenger before they take the initiative to stop the behavior if a crew member won't?

Yes there are, no it isn't, you would need to complain and have them call security to enforce it.

No one who works for tips is going to take any action on their own unless passenger safety and security is involved.

I have some friends who just boarded the Elation on Saturday. They called me from the ship saying that there was a group of passengers on the pool deck who had brought their own boombox and they were listening to it at full volume. They said that while this group was having a blast, the other passengers were less than happy. Everybody had this look of "what the heck is going on here??" but nobody would take the initiative to tell them to shut it off (apparently this group was very intoxicated and animated, and nobody wanted to be the one telling them to take the party somewhere else and risk causing a scene). At least until the last time I spoke with my friends, not even ship employee's had asked them to turn the boombox off.

Nice. There only like 1,000 other people up there who may not like that kind of music or who are reading a good book. Carnival really does need to start enforcing rules up on the Lido deck. As long as there ships keep sailing full I think its only going to get worse

it wld seriously piss me off to have competing music (the boom box and the lido deck band and/or dj) crashing against each other, blaring in my ears. i wld have said something in a nanosecond.

and yes. there are rules. the pic in my siggy is a pic of an actual sign on elation.

it wld seriously piss me off to have competing music (the boom box and the lido deck band and/or dj) crashing against each other, blaring in my ears. i wld have said something in a nanosecond.

and yes. there are rules. the pic in my siggy is a pic of an actual sign on elation.

I would be tempted to throw the boombox overboard. I will be boarding her (Elation) on Thurs and I certainly hope there will not be problems like that.

I would be tempted to throw the boombox overboard. I will be boarding her (Elation) on Thurs and I certainly hope there will not be problems like that.

That would be classic you tube action. I can only imagine the reaction it would cause: cheers from most I bet!

Hey, Jeff, I'll be aboard also so I'll have your back if we have to toss a boombox overboard!

That would be classic you tube action. I can only imagine the reaction it would cause: cheers from most I bet!

It would like 400 people sitting around after witnessing the boombox being tossed overboard: "What boombox? I don't know nuthing 'bout no stinkin' boombox!"

They would have that boombox on for all of one second before I found the nearest phone, called 911 for the purser's desk and insist that they send security up immediately to deal with the situation. Even if you are listening to your personal music source with headphones, nobody else should be able to hear it or be disturbed by it. These sorts of selfish boors are found all over the place, beaches, national parks, deserts. Fortunately, on ships the cruise contract protects you and they have security whose job it is to confront the passengers concerned. In my experience, the deck staff lack the self-confidence to proactively deal with potentially aggressive passengers.

They would have that boombox on for all of one second before I found the nearest phone, called 911 for the purser's desk and insist that they send security up immediately to deal with the situation.

The number for the Purser's Desk is 7777 (can you tell I've been on too many cruises? LOL!!). :D 911 is for emergencys only just like here at home.

I was just on Paradise and there was one girl (part of a group of 6) who had it down at her feet and was blaring it away. They were also smoking on the non-smoking side.

I had my MP3 player going and could still hear it. I should have gone to get security but I didn't feel like getting up.

People today are so clueless, it isn't even funny. Common courtesy is non-existent - it's all about them. But that's a soapbox for a different day! :rolleyes:

I need to remember that #7777 You just never know when you might need it.

I tried three times to call the pursor's desk on our last cruise and using the recording on the phone there's no option that got me there. I then remembered all those 'Mr soandso please call ext 7777...' and I dialed it and they picked up immediately. I wasn't reporting anything urgent though.

As I recall I was requesting a PG pin for our youngest son; they gave us four instead of five and the pursor told me they only give two per cabin now. :rolleyes: They agreed to send another and when they sent it, they sent extra invitations to the PG party instead of the pin so I stopped by the pursors desk and they gave me three pins instead of one. I thought it was odd they'd hand out three pins when I mentioned they forgot only one until I realized on the way back to our room that I was wearing a Cruise Critic hat! :D

IF you get to the port early enough on Thursday and you see some passengers getting off carrying a big boombox, let them know that they are now famous and were talked about on Cruise Critic! :)

IF you get to the port early enough on Thursday and you see some passengers getting off carrying a big boombox, let them know that they are now famous and were talked about on Cruise Critic! :)

Tapi,

LMAO! Their fifteen minutes of fame........or infamy as the case may be. :D

That would be funny, and I will do it... IF I see them of course. :D

And I will probably be there around 10:30 or so, being my first cruise and all.

Archived