Remove table from stateroom...

Hi all,

We are travelling on Mariner of the Seas in September with our 2 children. The youngest is classified as special needs. I noticed there is a glass coffee table in the room. I was curious if they would be able to remove that table as we're not sure it would be safe around the boy. :eek: Does anyone have any insights or know if this can be done?

Thanks in advance... :)

Hi all,

We are travelling on Mariner of the Seas in September with our 2 children. The youngest is classified as special needs. I noticed there is a glass coffee table in the room. I was curious if they would be able to remove that table as we're not sure it would be safe around the boy. :eek: Does anyone have any insights or know if this can be done?

Thanks in advance... :)

Dont know if it can be done. Email special_needs@rccl.com, explain the situation, and ask.

The glass is fairly heavy, very non breakable, in case you are worried about that.

You can always put the table onto your balcony. If you don't have a balcony, I would suspect that you could turn the table onto it's side and put it under the bed. If you also have luggage that needs to go under the bed, then put the table into the suitcase and slide it all under the bed. Remember, the beds do lift "up" to make storing items a lot easier to get underneath them.

happy sailing!

Yes, they will take it out for you. We asked our cabin steward to remove the table and empty the fridge and they took care of it by the time we came back from the muster drill. Happy cruising!!!

Dont know if it can be done. Email special_needs@rccl.com, explain the situation, and ask.

The glass is fairly heavy, very non breakable, in case you are worried about that.

You can always put the table onto your balcony. If you don't have a balcony, I would suspect that you could turn the table onto it's side and put it under the bed. If you also have luggage that needs to go under the bed, then put the table into the suitcase and slide it all under the bed. Remember, the beds do lift "up" to make storing items a lot easier to get underneath them.

happy sailing!

I guess it just depends on the cabin steward and whether or not he/she feels like being bothered with it! :confused:

We sailed on Empress in Cabin #4500, a 107 square foot cabin!! :eek: Every square foot counted and we asked for the table to be removed. In that case, we also had the steward store our luggage. No room under the very short bed for it.

It was still a great cruise even though we felt "short sheeted" every night!:p

I guess it just depends on the cabin steward and whether or not he/she feels like being bothered with it! :confused:

No, it's universal. It can & will be done upon request. If you encountered a steward who refuses to do that, definitely speak to a higher up and it will be resolved immediately.

The first thing I do when we get in the cabin, is put that table in the closet, and then use it to put shoes , or whatever on it. We have hit that thing way too many times on the way to the bathroom in the night. It is dangerous to us.

No, it's universal. It can & will be done upon request. If you encountered a steward who refuses to do that, definitely speak to a higher up and it will be resolved immediately.

I asked our steward last week to remove the soda and water--he refused, said he couldn't remove it from the cabin. I was a bit taken aback, and the next morning, we approached it again, pointing out that the little card on top of the soda clearly says you can ask to have it removed. Still nothing. So later that day, when approached by the wj supervisor asking if everything was to our satisfaction, my DH mentioned it. The supervisor promptly whipped out his notepad, wrote down our cabin number, and said it would be taken care of.

The next time we saw our steward, he agreed to put the stuff up above the mirror, and behaved in a much friendler manner the rest of the trip. However---we did not get a comment card in our cabin, even after I asked him for one. I guess he figured I don't know how to email corporate. The really silly thing is, we were generally very pleased with the service he provided and had no intention of harping about it on the comment card.

sas80

Blue Ribbon Cruiser

You can always put the table onto your balcony. If you don't have a balcony, I would suspect that you could turn the table onto it's side and put itunderthebed.

If you also have luggage that needs to go under the bed, then put the table into the suitcase and slide it all under the bed.

Just how small is this coffee table to fit in a suit case? or how big of a suit case do you have that fits a coffee table? I was just wondren:D

The first thing I do when we get in the cabin, is put that table in the closet, and then use it to put shoes , or whatever on it. We have hit that thing way too many times on the way to the bathroom in the night. It is dangerous to us.

Recently on Voyager we also put the table in the closet from time to time - fit fine and actually gave us a little more storage for shoes, flip flops, etc. We would set it out in the morning for the room service tray, then put it back in the closet. Not really that much hassle to move it around.

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived