Rome excursions from Island Star

sodemall

Hello, has anyone tried the Rome excursions from Island Star? I am wondering which is the better trip. Does the trip including the Vatican mean a long wait in the queue for tickets? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Cruise lovers!

I want to hear about PIZZA in Rome.

There's alleged to be very nice Pizza in Rome

and any hints/tips about where to find it

(just everywhere??), what to expect, etc

would be very welcome!

- anyone?

hot-n-ready-pizza.jpg.667e669702a121d3d46f37fb8888f685.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sodemall

Perhaps nobody has done this trip. I can't imagine that it would be a popular one afterall there are so many other things to see in Rome. Why would anyone waste there time going there! I suggest that you forget the VATICAN and go for Pizza instead, I think there is quite a place to buy Pizza in Rome.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Did the Rome trip from the Topaz.

Vatican on one side of the City and Collisseum on the other, with manic traffic in between. Organised trip would be best option. Coach journey about 45mins to 1hr depending on Rush hour could be more. Beware Pickpockets around All Tourist Locations ! Sailing this weekend Island Star.

Good Luck.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Sodemall,

We did the Rome trip with Island Escape last year, but did the "Rome Alone" trip as it gave us time to do what we wanted rather than be tied down to a specific time at each sight. We were dropped off at the Vatican but as the queue was so long we didn't go in. From there we took a taxi to the Coliseum and took a (long) walk back via the other sights, ie Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, etc.

Speaking to other people later, the queue might have been long at the Vatican but it didn't take too long to get in. Oh well, next time! :)

Steve

• 5 weeks later...

Archived