Destiny Cruiser Needs Your Help!

Daizie45

Hi all,

I'm looking for help from anyone that has sailed on the Carnival Destiny in recent months! My boyfriend and I were on the March 16-23 7-Day Carribeean trip.

He bought a watch at the store on the ship. He charged it to his credit card and we were supposed to come back the next day to pick it up so that they could size the watch.

My BF decided to not buy the watch. When we went back the next day, he gave a different salesman (bald with eastern european accent) the receipt to reverse the charges. The man then said that we were all set and gave my BF a new receipt.

Turns out that the charges were never reversed and now we are being charged for the watch! When we disputed the charge, the company that owns the store on the ship (not Carnival) accused us of stealing the watch! We can't find the receipt and need your help.

If anyone remembers the names or physical descriptions of any of the salespeople on that Destiny ship store, it would be very helpful! The company is asking us if we remember any details about the salespeople and they don't believe us that we didn't take the watch!

Please help us! Your fellow CC friend!

I can't help with your specific question because I'll be taking my 1st Carnival cruise in July (on Destiny), but has your BF tried calling his credit card company to dispute the charge? The credit card company would do a charge back and dispute the amount. Then the ball is in the store's court to provide proof that he made the purchase. Otherwise, they have to take the charge off of his card. Just an idea. I wish you well, and will be sure that DH and I keep up with all receipts for items purchased onboard.

I can't help with your specific question because I'll be taking my 1st Carnival cruise in July (on Destiny), but has your BF tried calling his credit card company to dispute the charge? The credit card company would do a charge back and dispute the amount. Then the ball is in the store's court to provide proof that he made the purchase. Otherwise, they have to take the charge off of his card. Just an idea. I wish you well, and will be sure that DH and I keep up with all receipts for items purchased onboard.

It sounds like the store has "proof of purchase" since they charged him...I'm sure they still have a copy of the original purchase slip. I wish you luck in getting your refund, but it sounds like it may not happen. You really have to keep every receipt. Carnival charged us for drinks we didn't get from two different bars. We had checked our bill via the TV and noticed the charges. Both were within minutes of the ones we actually purchased. When I asked to see the signature, the charges were removed immediately.

Archived