Jewel of the Seas = Panama Canal

I have been debating for quite sometime about what cruise we will take for our honeymoon.

I have narrowed it down to a southern cruise on princess in Nov. OR

A Panama canal trip on Jewel in Nov.

Wondering if anyone could tell me more about the panama on Jewel?

What was the avg. age range? I have heard that while its Royal caribbean, since its a panama canal cruise it tends to have quite an older age range?

Or if someone has been on both lines, a good comparison?! I have been reading about the ages on Princess, and I am kind of apprehenive to book it.

Thanks!

They are longer cruises, so they do tend to have a bit of an older crowd--but don't fear! We "older" folks do like to party! And a cruise is totally what YOU make of it!

On our PC cruise, there was a huge range of ages!

We have only done 1 princess cruise and 27 on RCCL. we just did the Jewel Transatlantic and the Panama Canal on Bos last Jan. The Princess was the OLDEST crowd I had ever seen ! outside the dining room it looked like a wheel chair and scooter parking lot! I say Rccl all the way!!!

We have only done 1 princess cruise and 27 on RCCL. we just did the Jewel Transatlantic and the Panama Canal on Bos last Jan. The Princess was the OLDEST crowd I had ever seen ! outside the dining room it looked like a wheel chair and scooter parking lot! I say Rccl all the way!!!

Where and when did you go on princess - if you don't mind me asking?!

One of the benefits for Princess initially was pricing, and for the same price as Jewel - less actually we could have a mini- and still save money. But, I just want to be in ''good company'' for our cruise so crowd and activities are very important to us.

We are going to the Panama Canal on the Jewel in February with two young kids and not at all concerned about the age issue. I expect an age mix. Cruised Princess once - not impressed.....

We4 did a 10 day Mexican West coast. Rccl ships are way more fun. tons of activities .... do as many or as few as you want but always fun. Find some one that has cruised often on rccl ships and pick their brains as soon as you get on board so you don't miss any of the fun stuff!

I did the partial Panama Canal on Brilliance (Jewel's sister). At the time, I was 28 years old and one of the youngest people on the ship. BUT, I can tell you it was my absolute favorite cruise. My fellow cruisers were so fun - there were tons of things to do if I wanted to, but it wasn't hard to find a place to relax either.

I did post live from the ship, if you are interested in my thoughts, there is a link in my signature. My review is at the end of the thread.

I have been debating for quite sometime about what cruise we will take for our honeymoon.

I have narrowed it down to a southern cruise on princess in Nov. OR

A Panama canal trip on Jewel in Nov.Wondering if anyone could tell me more about the panama on Jewel?

COME GO WITH US -- PANAMANIACS November 17, 2008. We have a great Rollcall already started and looking forward to more friends joining us!!

The Jewel is a Fantastic Ship (One of the most B-utiful on the ocean). You didn't say which Princess Ship to compare, but the size and Passenger number is enough to make the Jewel much better.

What was the avg. age range? I have heard that while its Royal caribbean, since its a panama canal cruise it tends to have quite an older age range?

On most of our cruises with RCI, the age range is from kids to 80's. I think if I had to say, the average/median age is around late 30's to mid 40's. Don't expect much of a change from that on the Panama Cruise. There will be plenty people your age or close whatever the range.

Or if someone has been on both lines, a good comparison?! Thanks!

I've been on the Grand Princess and thought the ship was VERY BEAUTIFUL and VERY ELEGANT. Butttttttt......

Would not go back to Princess. Princess had an air from the crew that "I have a job to do and you, the passenger, are in my way."

BIG DIFFERENCE.

We have always thought that every RCI cruise we've been on has had TREMENDOUS service and friendliness from the staff/crew. That really makes a difference on a cruise.

Hope This Helps.

Archived