What is the chance that I will recieve a 45 day letter?

hurls88

Instead of hijacking the other 45 day letter thread again I will post it on a new thread.

I wrote guest relations about the great service that I have had booking my cruise plus a letter supporting the captain of the conquest for booting off the passenger who started the letter of protest. I did include how I have sailed with RCCL 4x and going on my 1st carnival cruise. What is the chance of getting a 45 day letter?

Has anyone tried before their first carnival cruise?

I agree- a 50-50 chance.

I send a letter after each cruise-- but never got a 45 day letter.

Even after my last cruise in August when I complained-- 1st time complaint.

I think that it is great that you wrote a letter complimenting the staff that helped you book your cruise, and hopefully you mentioned their name so that they can receive a personal pat on the back. However, I think a lot of people these days are writing letters, just to get a "45 day letter". I think that if that is your intention that you should maybe not waste your time. If you get one great, if you don't, then hopefully your PVP gets an "atta boy" for giving you great service.

I think that it is great that you wrote a letter complimenting the staff that helped you book your cruise, and hopefully you mentioned their name so that they can receive a personal pat on the back. However, I think a lot of people these days are writing letters, just to get a "45 day letter". I think that if that is your intention that you should maybe not waste your time. If you get one great, if you don't, then hopefully your PVP gets an "atta boy" for giving you great service.

I can honestly say it was a little of both but more in support of the Captain.

I got one but my mom and sister did not.

In fact, my sister's letter was about converting to Open dining and she got a form letter back, detailing all the different dining venues on board.

That led me to believe they are getting a lot of letters.

Does anyone know if you can receive a 45 day letter based on a phone call to Guest Relations? I already made a phone call to give some positive feedback, but am wondering if I should put it in writing.:)

Does anyone know if you can receive a 45 day letter based on a phone call to Guest Relations? I already made a phone call to give some positive feedback, but am wondering if I should put it in writing.:)

I have never received any thing when I made a call to guest relations. I have only gotten a letter when I wrote to Carnival, while I have heard that some have gotten a 45 day letter for emailing Guest Relations.

I wrote my letter to ask a very specific question in regards to our (at the time) upcoming cruise because of our experience on our (then) most recent cruise. I got the 45 day letter, but no answer to my question. It was great to receive the "free gift," but I would have appreciated a straight answer to my question.

After our four Carnival cruises, I e-mailed the customer relations department. The first cruise was a minor complaint and got the 45 day letter. The next three were just compliments and only got a thank you letter back. All four were within a month of writing the e-mails.

I got a 45-day letter just today as a result of the letter I wrote concerning my April 7th Inspiration cruise. It was all compliments, because it was an incredible cruise. It was stated that a copy of the letter I sent would be shared with the immediate supervisors of those staff members I specifically mentioned.

The "gift" was a $25 OBC for each of the three of us for an upcoming cruise within the next 18 months. It just so happens we three are booked for November 2009 on the Destiny! I love OBC!

It was signed Susan Weiss, Special Advisor, Office of the President.

The 45 day letter is hit or miss. It does appear that sending in letter that compliments has a better chance than a complaint letter. So I would think that your chances are better than 50/50

I've gotten two 45 day letters now and one was for what was probably 90% a complaint letter. I did give them compliments where due and it was graciously written with a few pictures included to back up one of my complaints. Got a letter for $100 OBC on my next cruise back.

I also wrote a letter to compliment some specific crew members after our last cruise and got the standard "free gift" letter.

I do have to wonder how much longer the 45 day letter will last with everyone writing them just to try and get something free.

Even though I called Guest Relations, I'm going to write a letter and see if I get a response. I'm glad I saw this information here on cruise critic!:)

I have never ever written a letter and have gotten quite a few 45 day letters. I have ALWAYS picked up the phone, called Guest Relations and given them both good & bad on each one of my cruises....

Does anyone have the address or email who to write to specifically? I would like to compliment the staff on my recent cruise on the Glory. I have a food allergy and they went above and beyond to help me. I tried doing a search and it kept saying error again. Thanks in advance.

Bonnie

Does anyone have the address or email who to write to specifically? I would like to compliment the staff on my recent cruise on the Glory. I have a food allergy and they went above and beyond to help me. I tried doing a search and it kept saying error again. Thanks in advance.

Bonnie

I'd like to find out the same info... an address to write a letter. I'm not after the 45 day letter as much as I would like to give credit due to those who work so hard.

Archived