Is this odd??

direfun2000

In looking for a fall cruise to the Caribbean on Princess' website, there are no Caribbean sailings for September of this year. Is that odd or is it just me?

When I was looking to book for fall, I had that same thought, but then decided to move to October instead. :p

When I was looking to book for fall, I had that same thought, but then decided to move to October instead. :p

I was looking at October too but I have to check my work calendar. There may be a conflict. My previous cruise (see signature) wasn't bad it's just that I think I prefer the product that Princess has to offer. Will prob book the Crown for Ocotober then! Guess they can do without me @ work.:p

In looking for a fall cruise to the Caribbean on Princess' website, there are no Caribbean sailings for September of this year. Is that odd or is it just me?

Princess has cruises listed for Oct and Nov for the Caribbean on te Caribbean, Crown, Emerald, Sea and in Nov also the Ruby. None listed for September, though.

I just checked at an online cruise website I used...and Princess sailings for Sept. are in Alaska, Australia, Scandinavia-Russia, Far East, Med, Hawaii, Mexico, New England, Western US, Panama, S. Pacific, Transatlantic, World Cuise.

The only Caribbean cruises start in Oct. for the fall.

Hurricane season goes all the way into November. So, not sure if that would be why no Caribbean sailings throughout the summer, early fall.

I think it is mainly because of the ships targeting Europe. Strike while they think the iron is hot. But with the Euro at the rate of exchange it is, and seems to be getting worse everyday for us, who knows how this one is going to end up?

The ships seem to be leaving the Caribbean earlier each year and returning later. Princess may be thinking that the Caribbean is overdone...but maybe they should just rethink the islands they visit. There are so many Caribbean islands that very few ships visit....like Martinique, Guadeloupe, Virgin Gorda, Tortola, St. Vincent, etc. Or, instead of heading to the over to Europe, they should keep a few ships on the East coast and do New England and Bermuda(only) cruises for the Summer months. It's nice not to have to fly halfway around the world to pick up a ship for a week or so. JMHO

Archived