Cayman stop, which beach?

petrellad

While I would agree with a trip to Stingray City,the beach you want to go to is Seven Mile Beach. It is just north of where the ships anchor. I don't know which of the several hotels on the beach have the best spot however.

While I would agree with a trip to Stingray City,the beach you want to go to is Seven Mile Beach. It is just north of where the ships anchor. I don't know which of the several hotels on the beach have the best spot however.

When we were there we took a quick cab to Seven Mile Beach, they cabbed back for a Stingray excursion and still had time for shopping after. Enjoy!

There is no need to pay a hotel just to go to the beach in GC! All beaches are public, and all have facilities, rentals, etc.... Cabs/buses will be waiting just off the tender dock to take you wherever you want to go!

7 Mile Beach is beautiful, but if you want to get away from crowds, take a cab further from the pier area. There are a couple recommended areas including Sea Grape. At any of these areas, you'll find the chair rentals,bathrooms, lockers and food/drink stands. Don't need to hit a hotel. You would have to pay more for their ammenities.

We rented a car, nice 45 minute drive to Rum Point. Gorgeous and quiet until the tours arrived. then drove a few minutes to an empty (locals?) beach! Starfish, shells, private...

I noticed that Carnival has included an excursion to Sea Grape on their list of offerings now. We've been considering either Sea Grape or Royal Palms as our beach break area.

Has anyone noticed more crowding on Sea Grape than usual due to this? Or has this always been offered and I just never noticed? ;)

Any suggestions or comments about either location would be great. We still can't decide which area to go to! We will have three kids with us as well: 12, 6, and 4.

Does anyone know if they have water sports at 7 mile beach. Specifically jetskiing and parasailing. I want to have a non excursion day but would like to do some water activities on my own. Any idea what the best part of the beach would be for these things?

Rum Point was one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. So much so that I had a 4'x5' picture of it matted and framed and I redecorated my bedroom recently around it. Wonderful memories, I'd highly recommend it. They had OK snorkeling and a few stingrays that lived under the pier and came out to swim with the snorkelers. ;)

This May my family and I took a cab to Divers Supply and rented snorkel gear - about $13 each. Then the cab took us to Cemetery Beach - I think it is a part of Seven Mile Beach. It was breathtakingly beautiful and there was virtually no one there. The beach had nice shade as well. And yes, there was a cemetery there. No hotels, but a few hosues. We pretty much had the beach to ourselves. I felt like I had been dropped into a screensaver - it did not feel real. There was a great reef for snorkeling and we saw hundreds of fish. What is not at this beach is a bathroom, a drink of any kind or food. I would go back again in a heartbeat, but I would plan a little better as far as getting food and drink to take on the way. There is a bus stop out on the road that you can catch a public "bus" back to the pier for $1.25 per person. The best part was the beauty of the beach and how easy it was to just walk into the water and snorkel.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived