Just home from The Enchanmet!!

This was one of the most wonderful vacations I have ever been on. We have never cruised before and are hooked. We flew into Ft Lauderdale the morning off. We arrived in Ft Lauderdal at 9:50, we grabbed our bags and took a taxi to the port. Taxi was only $15 for us both. Very short ride. The porters took our bags, we tipped a couple of dollers, and we got in a very short line. Waited in a holding room till 11:30 and we were the first ones on the ship that day. It was great!!!

Looked around a bit, very overwhelming in a good way. We made our way to the Windjammer. Which was wonderful. Changed into our suites and sat on the top deck all afternoon. We had a lot of wonderful drinks and were very relaxed. The muster was a bit silly, but whatever. No big deal. Just like the instructions on an airplane. Some people were kind of rude about it. Just put your life jacket on and go. Lasts just a few minutes. We went right back to the deck for more drinks and fun music as we left the port.

Not sure when our room was ready, we were not worried about it. We went just before 4:00 so we could get our life jackets. We had an inside cabin on the 8th flor. Perfect. Plenty of room for us. We liked it because it was DARK! You could nap in the middle of the day with no problems. Cabin steward was great. Was there when you needed him. We really did need much. Just nice to know he was if you did need something.

The days at seas were very relaxing and fun. Lots to do, or you could do nothing. We did both. The dinning room was fine. We ate at the windjammer a lot. Not much on dressing up. But, that was great for those who do like it. It didn't bother us at all. We just ate somewhere else. The after dinner shows were great, games were fun, dancing was terrific. The cruise director was great (Paul), we also loved Karen and Luke. I think they were in charge of the activities. Great job!! The pool bars were awesome. I got the soda package, it was worth it. The bar tenders were great. Never minded getting us water or soda. I think they surprising got to know our routine of beer, water, beer, water. They would ask if I was ready for my water this round. Very impressive.

Wouldn't have changed a thing. Next time I will bring my boys 7 and 13. They would have loved it.

Grand Cayman was a treasure. We booked a waverunner tour through Ebanks water sports. Must do this one. Very personal. We were aloud to go as fast as we wanted as long as we could see him. We went to Stingray city, and snorkeling over some reefs. He found us star fish, lobsters, and cochs. They suggested a beach that had a bar Calico Jacks. Wonderful, not crowded.

Cozumel, just hung out shopping, and did the ATV jungle tour. Nice, kind of touristy. But we had a great time. I think teenage boys would love this. Grand Cayman was the winner of ports for me.

If you have questions ask a way, I will check back soon.

Hey Hopeless, We were on there with you. It was our first Enchantment cruise and we had a blast. I noticed the dress was getting more and more casual in the dining room. I was surprised - they have basically done away with the dress codes. We ate dinner in the Windjammer once, because we wanted to dine early - the other nights were in the main dining room.

So far I've been on 3 different cruises with RCL and have had 3 different check-ins (I know it is the port authorities - Port Canaveral took the longest, Miami was a breeze and Ft Lauderdale was in the middle.

I'm glad you enjoyed your cruise - it is now time to start planning your next.

I appreciate you taking the time to write it out for us. We will be back on board after a day in Cozymel in 4 months! WHOO HOO you made me even more excited about the trip! We are taking the same cruise as you.

Did you have a fridge in your room?

Yep DJ Conrad was still on board. I think Enchantment has a great Cruise team. They were the most visible of the 3 cruises we've done. The only down side is one of the activities directors - she is British and has a voice that can peel paint when she gets excited. The rest of the time she is really cute and energetic, but when the poolside event gets exciting - she becomes completely unintelligible. :D

We were in a balcony stateroom and we had a refrigerator, very useful.

We did not have a fridge, we were in an inside cabin. Dress code difinitly not enforced. We had a blast. The D.J. was great, and the comedy show was wonderful. I'm sorry to say I can not remember his name. There were two, but one was much better than the other.

Ready to book again with the boys.

I enjoyed Enchantment, I hope so, I'll be on it again in November, but I think I learn a little more and get a little more comfortable with cruising with each new trip.

The two comedians were Rick Corso, he did 2 shows and Troy Thirdgill. Troy had the audience in stitches. I hope to see him again on a future cruise. Corso was funny - good impressions of famous people, but Troy was great talking about everyday life.

Paul is cruise director and has a great team.

If you liked this ship try another RCCL and yu will really fall in love......Not a big fan of Enchantment....Sorry

Guess thats why they make so many different ships--- its all about choices.. but this ship had the best staff and crew..i would certainly sail again .. too bad they are moving her to Panama ... I will work on a more detailed review in the next few days..

Do all the balcony cabins have refrigerators? My Dh and I are sailing on July 17th and have a balcony. We've sailed several times before with RCCL, but never had a balcony (only on Carnival). Anybody try CHOPS? I hope to celebrate my birthday there and have read some mixed reviews, so any help would be great. Also, how crowded do the pool areas get? My DH hates crowds (yet he loves cruising), so are there any quiet areas to lounge outside?

Sorry for all the questions:confused:

Marc Walker was the CD on the 4 day that sailed May 8. He said that he had just returned from vacation.

Thanks for letting us know about Marc. We really like him and were hoping we would catch him on our May 31 cruise. Sounds like we will.

Do all the balcony cabins have refrigerators? My Dh and I are sailing on July 17th and have a balcony. We've sailed several times before with RCCL, but never had a balcony (only on Carnival). Anybody try CHOPS? I hope to celebrate my birthday there and have read some mixed reviews, so any help would be great. Also, how crowded do the pool areas get? My DH hates crowds (yet he loves cruising), so are there any quiet areas to lounge outside?

Sorry for all the questions:confused:

We were in a D2 and had a refrigerator. Decks 9 and 10 have some great outside areas for lounging once you get away from the pool area. Plus the Solarium was not as crowded as the outside pool.

Guess thats why they make so many different ships--- its all about choices.. but this ship had the best staff and crew..i would certainly sail again .. too bad they are moving her to Panama ... I will work on a more detailed review in the next few days..

She'll be back in rotation for Caribbean next April.

Archived