Celebrity charges more for the prime Dinner?

Cal Cruiser

What is this, it was bad enough at 25 dollars now 30 dollars is charged? I feel that nickel and dimeing us to death is just a bit much. I like to eat in the United States or the the other prime dinner places, but I feel that charging that much is a little overboard. Ha HA

What do you others think?????

OK, Everyone, this is a FLAME.

I don't think anyone from California that has "Ranch" in their address should be allowed to comment on the price of a chunk of good beef.

Those steers out in California and Nevada grow too much muscle from walking up and down hills.

I don't think I have ever had a great steak in Northern California unless the meat came from somewhere else.

Please accept my apologies in advance. I am not really trying to start any fights. I do have to admit the board is rather calm right now and ....... hmmm, maybe things need spiced up.......

Stay tuned,

Les

icon_redface.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I am not really trying to start any fights. I do have to admit the board is rather calm right now and ....... hmmm, maybe things need spiced up.......

Stay tuned,

Les

icon_redface.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a good start. icon_biggrin.gif

Zenith from Jacksonville

Feb. 13 05

Les,

I think maybe you're eating in all the wrong places!!! icon_wink.gif There DEFINITELY is good beef to be had in California! I was born & raised there & have had GREAT meat through the years. I've had bad beef in lot's of places, not just one!!! icon_smile.gif

I'm with Phil, $30 bucks is NOTHING compared to the bar tab!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Rosie

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

CELEBRITY MERCURY HERE I COME!!!

The meal does not cost anything it is free!icon_cool.gif

The $30 is the gratuity for the outstanding service. icon_cool.gif

Ray

91 days at sea w/4 lines in 6 years. Celebrity is the best for us!

Future Bookings -

-MERCURY 5/17/04 Alaska 12day

-Constellation 9/7/04 Transatlantic Westbound

-Infinity 1/31/05 South America-Rio Carnival

Joray - Thank you for your post. I have been wondering if it is customary to tip in the Normandie. I had a feeling the charge was the tip but couldn't get clearity on it.

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="2005" value=2004>

<param name="4" value=4>

<param name="01" value=26>

<param name="18" value=18>

</applet>

Pennsylvania beef is fine, especially the Three Mile Island filet. icon_razz.gif

Great cheese (and beef) from happy California cows. icon_wink.gif

Reggie icon_biggrin.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=CD20CD&cdt=2004;10;17;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Rhapsody 10-17-04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=CD20CD&cdt=2004;09;03;17;45;00&timezone=GMT-0700

Mercury 9-03-04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=CD20CD&cdt=2004;03;29;17;30;00&timezone=GMT-0800 Monarch 3-29-04

Viking Serenade 1998

Viking Serenade 1999

Voyager of the Seas 2000

Viking Serenade 2001

Majesty of the Seas 11-2002

Norwegian Sea 11-2002

Vision of the Seas 11-2002

Mercury 5-03-03

Monarch of the Seas 6-09-03

Mercury 10-12-03

Monarch 11-17-03

Monarch 1-19-04

God bless the USA and all freedom loving people. May God protect all those who fight and die to protect those freedoms.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cal Cruiser:

What is this, it was bad enough at 25 dollars now 30 dollars is charged? I feel that nickel and dimeing us to death is just a bit much. I like to eat in the United States....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You don't have to worry about that much longer, I bought beach front property in Nevada, you California guys are going to fall off the face of the earth in the near future anyway!

This ship 10/91

That ship 11/95

Whatever ship 12/98

here a ship 13/99

there a ship 14/00

everywhere

a

ship ship 15/05

<font size="3" color=red>Over 1 year</font> into my LMBO cruise

I doubt you will ever see us in a specialty restaurant. In our view, on all cruises to date, the food and service in the main dining room has been wonderful.

By the way Reggie, the three-mile island filet is a favorite here in Alabama especially when cooked in the microwave.

Yanceycruiser

Dreamward 1/95

Norway 1/97

Grandeur of the Seas 1/99

Grand Princess 2/01

Carnival Pride 2/03

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;08;22;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Until the Infinity on

August 22, 2004

I notice that no one has compared the dining charge to the charges for spa treatments... I think it's because we are used to them. Spa treatments have always had an extra charge (well above what is paid locally), but the specialty dining rooms are new so people are surprised there is a charge.

You can still eat free in the regular dining room. As cruisers we have gotten used to an almost all-inclusive vacation; yet we continue to want more.... but don't want to pay for it. If the fares remain as low as they have been for a couple years, we have to expect to pay extra for the "extras".

Sue

Grand Princess - Western Caribbean - April 25, 2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;4;25;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Constellation Transatlantic 9/7/04

Infinity Panama Canal 4/17/05

Marti,

It makes you wonder who gives a five star designation. Anyone can pay too much and justify it to apease themselve. No one likes to think they paid too much. I cruise every year or more and eat at five stars restaurants much more frequently. (However I would much prefer to sail more frequently and eat at five stars less frequently).

Larry

Costa 1972; Nordic Prince 1983; Fairwind 1984; Sovereign of the Seas 1992; Statendam 1997; Ryndam 1998; Crown Princess 2000; Summit 2001; Millennium 2002; Galaxy 2003; Zenith 2004

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cruising with marti:

Newt

go ahead and buy your nevada beach front, Iam only 70 miles away from Nevada, I will just hop on over and live with you.

Phil<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Phil, you can live with me, but your not bringing that Marti guy!

This ship 10/91

That ship 11/95

Whatever ship 12/98

here a ship 13/99

there a ship 14/00

everywhere

a

ship ship 15/05

<font size="3" color=red>Over 1 year</font> into my LMBO cruise

Newt - Can I eat and sleep in your garage?

Cruise Cat

Unofficial Ambassador for the Community

Vision of the Seas - 8/24/03

Rhapsody of the Seas - 9/1/02

Inspiration - 9/16/01

Jubilee - 9/12/99

<MARQUEE>..........................SAIL ON LMAO!!!....ALWAYS TRUE NORTH!!!...LMAO FOREVER (LF)!!!!...................<MARQUEE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by newtocc:

You don't have to worry about that much longer, I bought beach front property in Nevada, you California guys are going to fall off the face of the earth in the near future anyway!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Newt, you got it all backwards. When the "big one" hits I am planning on leasing my California property to Celebrity for direct cruises to Europe.

There you go Neal, that's a GREAT idea! Make sure you build a nice pier! icon_wink.gif

Sue, I think no one here has used the spa treatments which is why we didn't compare them to the cost issue! I know I have NEVER been in the spa (other than the cafe) on any of my cruises---just not my thing! icon_razz.gif

Phil, I'd let you bring "that Marti" guy to my house, but then who else is nuts enough to want to live here???!! icon_rolleyes.gif

Rosie

icon_razz.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

CELEBRITY MERCURY HERE I COME!!!

• 3 months later...

Archived