Halifax lunch

I second the suggestion for Salty's. It is one of my favourite places to eat in Halifax. After you have lunch there, walk a few yards along the waterfront toward the hotel by the Historic Properties and have some Cow's Ice Cream at the little store there on the wharf. No trip to Halifax is complete without a Cow's Ice Cream cone!!! That also holds true for trips to Prince Edward Island.

I was in Halifax too early in the season for Cow's!

There is a Tim Horton's in the Ferry Terminal just a few steps from where Theordore Too docks.

We had lunch upstairs at Salty's to get more of the view. Really fine room and the same prices as downstairs!

Oh my goodness!!!!! How could you have let that happen?:)

I will use about any excuse to visit Canada, but I never dreamed my meeting would be long over before Cow's opened for the season.

They had the lights on and everything!

thanks for the suggestions.....Laura you will be on the cruise before us.....i am getting married June 28th on the Victory!..hope you have fun!

Congratulations! While I'm there, I'll put in an order for beautiful weather the following week :p

• 3 weeks later...

Halifax has a number of excellent restaurants. Saltys is good and right on the water but can tend to be very busy in tourist season. Some other choices for an excellent lunch are Five Fishermmen http://www.fivefishermen.com, Economy Shoe Shop (I know, weird name for a restaurant), Opa (Greek), Granite Brewery, The Lower Deck, McKelvies (seafood), Split Crow (pub), Peddlers Pub plus many more. All are in the downtown core and easy to walk to from the ship. Many pubs in Halifax have excellent food. May I also suggest you try a local treat called a Donair. It's similar to the Gyro but much much better... :D

• 4 weeks later...
Does anyone have any suggestions for a nice local spot for lunch? We'll be taking the Duck tour and would like something nearby.

We ate at the Split Crow Pub, local atmosphere. Actually one of the locals suggested it. Apparently it is one of the first pubs in Halifax. Good Seafood.

Archived