Tracy Arm catamaran excursion?

cpdad

I vaguely remember reading a thread some time ago about recommendations for taking the excursion into Tracy Arm on a catamaran, and now I can't seem to find that thread. Can anyone point it out to me?

I'm looking for the excursion that tours the fjord and then returns passengers to their ship after the ship has departed Juneau. The excursion is available through the cruise line, but I was wondering if booking directly with a tour company would be significantly cheaper. Thanks.

To my knowledge - this is available on NCL. Princess, HAL, RCCL and Celebrity do not offer this. There may be one of the higher end lines that also offers this.

This must be booked with the cruise line (if you join the ship once in Tracy Arm).

There are private companies but they are for RT Juneau.

Regent Seven Seas does this. They pick you up on the catamaran in Tracey Arm and take you back to Juneau, a six hour excursion. I'm doing this in June and is a must do excursion!!!!! Is this what you were thinking about??

Thanks - I knew one of the higher end lines did this, just couldn't remember which one.

Regent Seven Seas does this. They pick you up on the catamaran in Tracey Arm and take you back to Juneau, a six hour excursion. I'm doing this in June and is a must do excursion!!!!! Is this what you were thinking about??

Thanks for the replies. This sounds similar to what I was thinking of; the excursion, I believe, starts in Juneau, then tours the fjord, then rendezvous's with the ship in open water after the ship has departed Juneau. The tour is definitely available through the cruise line, but I have no information about excursion times, not do I recall if this excursion came highly recommended or not by posters here.

I would want to see Mendenhall glacier, and maybe a little bit of Juneau. I am not sure if taking this fjord excursion would preclude any other sightseeing. We only have 6 hours in port.

I did this last year on the Sun. The catamaran leaves Juneau 1/2 an hour before the Sun does. We went back to the Sun for lunch before we went. So you only loose about 60 - 90 minutes. We went mid May but did not get close enough to see the glaciers, but we had a mini whale watch on the way which was wonderful. You get back on the Sun in the fjord.

We're taking this from the Regent Mariner southbound in June. The catamaran will pick us up from the ship at Tracy Arm at 8 am and then we meet back with the Mariner in Juneau about 1:15. Our TA and comments I read here all said it was a "must do." We're really getting excited!

Archived