Review Med cruise Legend of the Seas

It looks like every-other Legend cruise (for this "season") is the Egypt itenarary. After your cruise, the next one that includes Egypt is our June 15th sailing. So yes, I will be in the same ports. We are very excited as this will be our first time over to that region. I've done a lot of reading and a lot of my information has come from cc reviews. Will you be returning home right after your cruise? I leave on the 8th for Rome (so pretty much no internet connection after that). Again, I look forward to your review as well as others I'm sure. Have fun and be safe!

Thanks for your info on Egypt as I am sure it will be helpful to us. I am not accustomed to being around these types of situations, and will pass this info on to others who might be on our tour.

Were you able to take your camera into the museum, although I believe that you can't take pictures? I'm concerned about where I will leave any valuables(camera's) if I can't take them into the museum. The same is true for the Parthenon in Athens.... I know you aren't supposed to take a backpack, but I wonder if a clear bag, or net bag/backpack that you can see through would be ok for things like water bottles? Anywhohow, would be interested in the logistics of this in these two places which will help in planning.

What type of food was served at the hotel in Egypt? I know to avoid fruits,vege's and dairy, and water. I think I'll have to take a gallon just for myself! Any other suggestions from you or anyone else on the Egypt tour will be very much appreciated.

We had no problem bringing a backpack to the Parthenon.I am not sure about the museum since our tour did not go there. The hotel we stopped at in Egypt was lovely. Truly a 5 star hotel. The food was good with lots of hot pasta dishes. Large sealed bottles of water were on each table.

Karrie

Great informations!

How bad was the trash situation in Naples, especially near the port? I'm not planning on going into the city itself, but wanted to walk to the train station to get to Pompei. I wonder if I should bring some kind of protection mask... :-)

Marc

Mary,

I had read about no backpacks on the Acropolis so I didn't even bring one. I just carried my medium-sized purse, and at most ports was sure to wear slacks with "good" pockets. Once we got to the Acropolis, I saw people with backpacks, large totes, huge purses, etc etc, and no evidence of anyone checking. Anytime we were at a site with no cameras allowed, I made sure mine was turned off and tucked way down into my purse. I didn't leave anything of value on the bus.

I actually liked not having to carry an extra bag around! I've learned that I don't really need all of the extra "stuff" My medium size purse has a built-in wallet and lots of compartments that make it easy to pack in a lot of items. Has a nice strap that I can wear across my chest for extra security!

Our lunch in Egypt was on the Nile "barge" It was quite nice, and bottled water/soda was provided. There were some Egyptian "hamburgers" (no bun) which were quite delicious. We also had just a bite or two of the salad and I think Mr Chew tried some fruit; it looked too good to resist (and appeared to be properly washed). We had no problems from that!

Bus also had soda available, and you could buy bottled water at a few sites.

Another thing worth mentioning - our tour included the Mosque of Muhammed Ali (our guide always said it like this: "the-Mosque-of-Muhammed-Ali-not-the-boxer) at the Citadel of Saladdin. It was fascinating and had wonderful views of Giza, and some of the other pyramids in other locations. Anyway, there were quite a few women who wearing halter tops, or tops with skinny straps, sundresses, shorts or mini-skirts, and they were not allowed inside until they covered up. If you don't bring your own wrap, they give you this big green wrap (like a sheet!) to wear.

Have a great time! We have good friends who are leaving today for this same ship/itinerary, the one leaving Rome on Wednesday.

It looks like every-other Legend cruise (for this "season") is the Egypt itenarary. After your cruise, the next one that includes Egypt is our June 15th sailing. So yes, I will be in the same ports. We are very excited as this will be our first time over to that region. I've done a lot of reading and a lot of my information has come from cc reviews. Will you be returning home right after your cruise? I leave on the 8th for Rome (so pretty much no internet connection after that). Again, I look forward to your review as well as others I'm sure. Have fun and be safe!

we go today :) hurray! i will be back on the 3rd of june pg ,so i should have time to at least write a short review or answer any questions you my have.( sorry i couldn't respond yesterday as this sight wouldn't let me post a reply.) thanks for your good holiday wishes. Will post as soon as we return.If you like send me your e-mail address and i will e-mail you direct. wedcruise.

One more day at work for me... :-) But an early start tomorrow, our flight leaves at 7:25. Already checked in online though and we will drop off the luggage at the airport tonight, so we can travel light tomorrow.

Marc

Karrie - thanks for the great review. We'll be doing this cruise starting June 15th. We've been to Mykonos, Naples, Athens and Euphesus before, but enjoyed all of your reflections. This will be our 5th time on the Legend - she's a great ship, so we're looking forwarding to taking some friends who have never cruised before ....... I think they'll be hooked.

I'm also interested in the laundry bags. We've gotten them on a 7 night cruise on the 4th night ......... but when I checked with Crown and Anchor, they thought it was something random they were trying, but it wasn't fleet wide.

Glad you had such a good time!

Archived