Have Ya'll Seen This Carnival Pinnacle (Dream) Concept Video??

spj8705

hey new here, usually just a reader, but when I came across this video I really wanted to know what carnival lovers think..I think it looks amazing, if this video is old news then i'm sorry! doesn anybody know if this is actually gonna happen or not? thanks heres the link

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=Pinnacle++carnival+&hl=en&sitesearch

Looks like the real thing since the ship yard fired up to 15 people for the release of this top secret video and it has been pulled off many websites. She looks like a Dream, can't wait to sail on her.

Fred

Whoa I LOVE it! I can't wait. Oh I hope it's mostly Caribbean, but I have a feeling it will be tranatlantic alot. That design is amazing. I didn't know the chief designer had it in him:p The Splender class should have looked like that.

I don't know about those cable cars/lift things though. Kinda makes me queasy.

If something were to happen to me today I would demand to be put on life support until that ship was built and I got a chance to sail on her! Then after that I could die and everything would be alright!

So this is just a "dream" or is the design really on the drawing board? Anyone know for sure?

I love the lazy river. The monorail thing....wonder if thats realistic as far as cost to maintain it and such. Did I see something moving INSIDE the ship. Perhaps that legendary elevator to goes to the front of the ship? :eek:

So this is just a "dream" or is the design really on the drawing board? Anyone know for sure?

I love the lazy river. The monorail thing....wonder if thats realistic as far as cost to maintain it and such. Did I see something moving INSIDE the ship. Perhaps that legendary elevator to goes to the front of the ship? :eek:

While docked in St. Thomas we were along side the Carribbean Princess, she was only 3000 gross tons bigger the then Freedom. The Carribbean Princess is 113,000 Gross Tons and she towered over Freedom easy, I was imagining at that point what 130,000 gross tons would look like, it would be massive!!! I call it the Monster Ship.

Fred

Much like the grand concept cars of the 1950s, I think this was really supposed to be more of a glimpse of possible things to come, not a real ship that will actually be built. Sort of like the turbine powered cars that looked so hot back then, this too has a tremendous "wow" factor. I think we may very well see some of those features in the future. However, things like the exterior monorail and lazy river seem more like eye candy meant to say "look how we think out of the box!" by Fincantieri.

That being said, I hope that I am very wrong, and that concept ship becomes a reality.

WOW ... is all I could say.

Seems like to way out there to accually happen. If Carnival builds a ship like this then she is above and beyond what other cruise lines are doing now.

We really haven't seen RCI 160,000 Ultra liners yet. :confused: The Conquest was suppose to have a Rollercoaster on the outside of the ship, so this concept of the Monorail has always been in their plans for one of Carnival's ships in the future.

Fred

I think I'm in LOVE! A lazy river! A monorail! Did you see the cool new slides? I hope the monorail serves adult beverages. :D

Im afraid that if you take a bounce off that back red slide you might end up in the ocean, watch as Sharks will be trailing this ship... :confused: :confused: :confused:

Fred

I am shocked this video has lasted a week. Usually it is gone in a matter of hours. Randy has a CC group for this ship already started. I am on the list already. Want to Join.......

We are on the list and waiting to book !!!

See ya onboard !!! :D

Fred

I'm not the type to get onboard and put on my swimming trunks like most people do but guess what, I will be the first when that Lazy Pool opens up with my Pina Colada in hand :D

Fred

I'm with you on that! I love lazy rivers! :cool:

The outside is love. Now what does the inside look like?

I love the lazy river. I hope it's very long. The finally put one in. Those red water slides in tha back...wow imagine sliding that high up at sea:eek:

I want to see a whole big fleet of these ships. Maybe about 5-6 of them.

I think if people see this video and then expect Dream to compare they are bound to be let down. It looks amazing though and hopefully some of the concept will carry over. I just can't imagine them giving up that much aft balcony space for water slides. The lazy river would make a great addition to ships though and could be space effective if planned well. Looking forward to seeing the final product.

YIKES!! Not me..oh, no. No way....

If I want Disney, I'll fly to Orlando... If I want a luxury resort, I'll book the Fountainbleau or a private villa in the Caribbean or Mexico.

When I cruise, I want to be on a ship...the smaller the better. There is nothing attractive to me about this concept - dream or otherwise.....

Archived