Have Ya'll Seen This Carnival Pinnacle (Dream) Concept Video??

spj8705

YIKES!! Not me..oh' date=' no. No way....

If I want Disney, I'll fly to Orlando... If I want a luxury resort, I'll book the Fountainbleau or a private villa in the Caribbean or Mexico.

When I cruise, I want to be on a ship...the smaller the better. There is nothing attractive to me about this concept - dream or otherwise.....[/quote']

I saw this video clip on another board a few days ago and I have to say that Disney was what came to mind for me first as well.

This ship doesn't excited me at all. Fortunately there will still be smaller ones to choose from.

If the ships continue to 'grow' and as the smaller, older ships start to get 'put to rest' I may have to start sailing. :(

I see the video is back:eek: :p .....wonder how long it will stay up on youtube this time?.......Anyway as I mentioned last month or so when this came out.....it's not real...just a concept for the future....but some of those things "could" actually be on there.......so we'll see......they started building her in Feb I believe and I have a list for a group already close to 200......lol:D

Yeah! I finally saw the video before it taken down, and saved it in realplayer so DH can watch when he gets home. I would never be able to do those slides and the monorail would be a real effort to do since I don't like heights but they would be cool to see if they did build them. We like the big ships, but we haven't gone on a small one to compare.

I downloaded and saved the video as well. Wow, what a ship to dream about. Would be really awesome if some of those design concepts actually made it on to one of the new ships.

How big is the Dream supposed to be??? I'm going to avoid the RCI Genesis class for size reasons, plus the desire to not be crammed in with 6,000 people. I hope it's not going to be THAT big.

I wish cruise lines would continue to build medium-size ships along with the gargantuan ones.

For me the size doesn't really matter. I don't know why but I feel safer on "bigger" things....bigger cars (if in a accent we'll probably fare better than the person in the 2 door sportcar), bigger planes(nuff said, small personal like plane are a no go for me), bigger ships(if sinking, the big ones would take longer to sink and give me more time to put my vest on and swim for dear life)

I like the unique concept of stuff to do outdoors. Like someone on this board mentioned in comparison to RCI, they seem to talior stuff to keep you somewhat indoors(notice how to giant indoor mall like strip is a passanger favorite) I love malls but I'd rather enjoy that on land, the ice skaking rink, etc.

The straw slides would draw attention outside because I know I'd stand near and watch whoever is brave enough to be that high. The lazy river, the upper sun deck circle, the tunnel/rockclimbing wall water area.

The monorail is a bit much:eek: I'd never ride that. I can't stand them on land. Or ski lifts for that matter.

I think it's very futuristic and in a way what people would like to see so they put it all together as a "perhaps in the future video"

Doesn't Carnival have a RCCL "Genesis-class" sized ship in the works?? Maybe that's their early model because it looks about the size that the Genesis-class will be like.

Sorry folks, but I don't think that'll be the Dream.

While docked in St. Thomas we were along side the Carribbean Princess, she was only 3000 gross tons bigger the then Freedom. The Carribbean Princess is 113,000 Gross Tons and she towered over Freedom easy, I was imagining at that point what 130,000 gross tons would look like, it would be massive!!! I call it the Monster Ship.

Fred

The other problem will be where will it be able to dock. There is no dock in the carib that will be able to take something this size.

I'm sure it will be a tender only.

Does anyone know how to d/l that video? I want to keep it for future reference.

I found this video a long time ago and it perplexed me. I did some research and come to find out this is the long rumored Carnival "Pinnacle" Class of ships that are over 200,000 tons and is supposed to be Carnival's long overdue response to RCI.

This is real, Arison has put the project on the backburner while the U.S. economy is in a slump, but this is a real class of ships that will eventually sail the seas. They are valued at over $1 Billion per vessel, so as you can see, this takes a huge investment from CCL and Carnival Corp. as a whole, why Arison is heavily involved here.

If I heard correctly, the monorail has already been nixed from the design. But all the other features make up for it- she looks amazing.

Archived