Man overboard?

niki1785

Gerry (and those of us who went to Brooklyn Law school can call him Gery because he was Gerry before he was Geraldo)...is in the back-room drawing it and hasn't finished it yet.

I believe he was known as Gerry Rivers back then....:D

You aren't wrong, and "help, help, I'm being manipulated." <sigh> Geraldo (no surprise here) had zippiedoodah to add to what we already knew here at CC. No new footage, or ANY footage of ANY kind, let alone the surveillance footage, and nothing at all like they'd been hyping all day in their promos. Geraldo spent 75 seconds on it, called the boyfriend Jose (the man's name is Jorge), and then basically said "we got diddly." He did voice that he thinks "she may have been trying to surprise them by knocking on the balcony door," per some theories here, but he knows squat (he didn't say that, I did).

I just feel so sorry for the woman's family in this situation -- they must feel they have been caught up in a washing machine on industrial setting. They weren't there, so they have to try to figure out the truth from all these varying stories.

The truth is, though, if that hack Geraldo couldn't gin up a ratings-making story, there isn't one, which implies this is a case of bad judgment and terrible consequences. My sympathies to everyone who loved Mindy Jordan.

Absolutely.. if they- Nancy, Greta, Geraldo etc.. are not all over this.. very likely there is no story..and it is what it is.. a very tragic accident.

My sympathies also..

Actually, it was a woman overboard. She was from NJ and had two children. She was with a male companion and another couple in a different cabin. The report is that she was alone at the time and was climbing from her balcony to another balcony and fell off. They have video tape of her falling into the water around 7:50 p.m.

Thank you for the update. BTW, did you read any of the posts between post number one and your post?

which is a shame because I am very curious as to what you think she would gain, or why she might lie....seriously, I am curious.

My comment was that known abusers should be treated the same as pedophiles in that there be an offender list.

It seems that some states do indeed have this. I wasn't even aware of it...

So no, if a person IS a known abuser they do not benefit from the same privacy/slander laws.

I wasn't responding to your comment about having convicted abusers register like sex offenders. I was responding to your comment that he doesn't have the same rights against slander as you and I do. In this context, it doesn't matter whether he is an abuser (no, I'm not saying it doesn't matter at all; it matters a great deal--I'm only speaking regarding slander laws). If he is an abuser, then any of his past actions are fair game. What is not fair game is for her mother to accuse him of murder because of past actions. She can only guess at this point. To say, "He killed her" repeatedly and in public and to the press is slander if it is proven that he didn't kill her. Being a cruel jerk doesn't mean he gives up his legal rights. I know you think it does; I don't agree.

Only if she thought he were capable, right??

A Mother who liked her future SIL and didn't have a good reason to accuse him of possible murder would NOT think the worst of him....this is what I'm saying. My oldest DD has a BF that I adore. if something happened to her I would never jump to a conclusion that he was at fault. If He (allegedly) beat her on numerous occasions, you bet your butt I would jump to that conclusion.

My youngest DD has a BF that is...eh, just OK. if she were to have something horrible happen, I wouldn't think him suspect either....if he were previously violent with her, I would.

I don't know with 100% certainty that this man ever hit that poor woman, and you are all right that I shouldn't bash him without that certainty.

So I won't bash him on here, but I will still remain standing behind the mother.

Presumably, the mother had reason to believe he killed her. But we don't know her mother and don't know what kind of a person she is. At this point, she doesn't seem to want to believe that he didn't kill her. I don't know that anything will change her mind. I don't know what makes her tick, but (sad as it is) there are mothers who would make up stories and who would lie. Such things are reported in the news. I hope she is not one of them, and I surely hope she is able to find some measure of peace some day.

Whatever the end result, all of the family, the boyfriend, and the friends will have to live with this tragedy. There are no words strong enough to convey my sympathy for her children. They've practically been forgotten in all the noise.

beachchick

p.s., Yes, please do call Geraldo a slime bucket! He is one--as he's proven many times.

stated that he may be arrested when he returns.

Did they happen to mention on what charge and what authority the NJPD has over this incident? Are they arresting him for the alleged abuse (assuming that they have reasonable cause to believe it, not just accusations)?

beachchick

and her face was worse than folks hitting the windshield. Arms, legs, body brused badly. Police talked with the mom & are interested in him.

She had 7 surgeries last year - 5 to repair her face.

Did they happen to mention on what charge and what authority the NJPD has over this incident? Are they arresting him for the alleged abuse (assuming that they have reasonable cause to believe it, not just accusations)?

beachchick

Surely everyone has had ample opportunity to express their thoughts on how, why, when and where this unfortunate incident happened. This being said, it is time to shut down this thread. If anyone comes up with NEW FACTUAL information, please feel free to start a new thread.

Ann

Aka Host Mama

Archived