Another "Glorious" Review!!

sunnidayz

we were on this cruise too. Does anyone know what happened when they had to send a med boat out from Belize?

we watched them load an older gentleman on a stretcher into the tender boat. he appeared to be awake and conscious as the loaded him. they also loaded several pieces of luggage and 3 other people with him. it was very hot that day in belieze so if i had to guess i would say he probably had a mild stroke.

Is the galley tour still open to everyone or for Platinum only? Thanks!!

Keep the review coming--it is very informative!

The galley tour was opened to anyone who wanted to tour. Mr. "V" our Maitre"d announced at dinner that he was conducting at 3:30 the next afternoon and to meet in the Amber Palace Showroom. It was also listed in the Capers for that days activities.:cool:

Georgiagolfer, we had such a great time, we've booked on the Victory out of Charleston on Oct 20th, just Brian and I. Didn't think we could make a year!:D

Sandy and I are looking at taking the 5 day out of jacksonville in Oct-Nov. We are also talking about trying to change up next year and do the mexican riviera on the Splendor.:rolleyes: We'll see what our economy does, and take it from there.

OK, I need the rest of the review! C'mon, forget that laundry and pile of work that was waiting for you when you got back!

Inquiring minds want to know about the rest of the cruise! :D

Exactly! There is a "boat load" of people leaving in 2 days and they want the complete review, not to mention ME who needs something to occupy my time as I await my departure in 44 days (tee hee):D .

I have really enjoyed your review so far!!

Thanks for the info! We're on the Glory with DS5 this summer. Glad to hear CC staff is good. I'm a little worried because he will be almost 6 when we sail, hopefully a good staff will keep him engaged even though he will be old for the group. Keep the details coming!

Day 2, 1st sea day and 1st formal night.

One note, this was the only night our room steward dropped the ball. At 11p, our room had still not been cleaned, nor was the bunk bed pulled down. We had to call and someone else came and needed us to explain what we needed. No towel animal that night, or cookies for the kids:( .

COOKIES? Never once saw a cookie! I had to call the first night for the second bed to be pulled down.

hi Sunnidayz,thanks for taking the time to post this review, very informative,I'm looking forward to the rest. This is a little weird, but we are sailing on the Glory May 31, We are booked in Stateroom 1065 on Panorama deck, we are also from SC, we have 2 kids also {girl/boy}. I'm glad to hear that this is a good cabin location.Any info about the cabin would be great,like sleeping layout? thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
...We had late seating the the Golden dining room, table #155. ...We had the strip loin and ordered rare (as we like it). It came as ordered but was very tough. I'll admit, we were a bit nervous about the remainder of our dining room meals, ...

We did the supper club on Monday night (Cozumel) and it was absolutely superb! ...The service was superior...Adrienne ...

We were in the Golden for late sitting too... table 212 (maybe?). DW also had the strip loin (medium) that night, and also found it a bit tough... but we would also concur that all other nights the meals were great!

We didn't do the supper club till the next week (Sunday night) and it was so good... I tackled that 24 oz Porterhouse... wonderful except that by the end of the main course, we were toooooooo full to bother with deserts.

... Most importantly, it was a fabulous cruise...

Ditto!

...and walked into terminal ... No problems for ...checked in... From start to finish, 40 minutes from parking lot entrance to Lido deck!!!

Wasn't it great, so smoothe.

...debarkation. could not have been a smoother process!

Same thing the next week when we finally got off, except we had tag #28 so we were a bit later... but still went and rented a car and were in Orlando by about noon and at Epcot by 1 pm.

... One thing I can't emphasize enough...pick out a large ribbon or other bag marker. ... Trust me, everyone has similar bags!!! ...

Right on!

...Met up with group from cruise critic for minigolf tourney. Was alot of fun....

It was good to meet you.

... I'm not a big massage person, so I didn't get one, but kept hearing that they were great, and not alot of hardselling of products...

DW and I both went for our first ever massages on our Belize day (couples massage)... thought they were great, but a lot of $$. There was no hard sell, I just said we were not buying anything, and it was over.

Sorry it has taken me so long to really get to reading your review (just finished page 1)... awesome, nice to re-live the cruise again.

Archived