Help with first family cruise

cruzGMa

First cruise with kids/grandkids and boy, do we have questions! The first is about the Eddie Bauer car fold-up car seat we will need for the 14 mo on the ride to & from the airport/ship. Can't find it anywhere!:mad: Please help with specific web info.

Also, d-i-l is taking pnp for 14 mo and was wondering where it will be placed in the cabin - she checked out the layout - and can't visualize where there'll be space (we are going on the Enchantment and have booked ocean view staterooms).

And does the Enchantment have a splash area for the 14mo? Read one post that said it did, but then all those others talking about diapers forbidden in the pool area.

And any suggestions on the best time of day to go to Paradise Beach - with a 5, 7 & 14 mo?

Thanks for any help!:o

Your car seat question has been answered on your other thread.

Are you talking about Enchantment of the Seas? I have never been on this cruiseline, but their web page says it does not have a baby splash zone, and no diapers, swim or otherwise are allowed in the pools.

OK, let's start with Enchantment, it DOES have a baby splash zone. They added it. One of the parents here came back with pictures to prove it :D

Here is the link to the discussion and the photos.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=685062

Next, the Eddie Bauer. I got mine from Amazon, but recently Amazon has been on crack and raised it to over $140 :eek:

So here it is on Baby Age for $34.95

http://www.babyage.com/products/22-915byt_eddie_bauer_eddie_bauer_portable_car_seat.htm?cp=goog42389&utm_source=goog&utm_medium=Default&utm_campaign=42389

Is the 14 month old OVER 20lbs though???? Please make sure before you purchase that product.

Thanks so much for your replies. We will be on Enchantment of the Seas and, as you can see from both your replies, there was a bit of confusion regarding babies in diapers and the pool area. I'm glad they changed their policy. I guess we'll still take the inflatable pool for the shower and bathing him tho.

Also, WOW:eek: Amazon must be reading CC and all the hype about that car seat to raise the price so much. Appreciate the lead to babyage web site (I hope we can get priority shipping...). And he is over 20 lbs, but thanks for mentioning it.

Is the 14 month old OVER 20lbs though????

LOL, Michelle!! Very good point, but I had to laugh since both of mine were over 20 lbs before they were 6 mos old!! :eek: I never would have thought to point this out!! :D

Archived