Why no talk about ship Captains?

On the DIS boards you hear a lot about Captain Henry...he is somewhat of a celebrity (and cute to boot!). I have yet to hear about any of the RCCL captains. I am cruising Enchantment and was just wondering. Is this because the captains rotate or what? I know Disney only has two ships...so maye this is why. Thanks for any answers. :)

Kim

Why do people ask so many questions about who the captain is? Would they cancel their vacation because of a certain captain is or is not on the ship?

Darn straight I'd cancel if the captain's name was Ahab, Bilgh, Nemo or Queeg, to name a few.

celtic

Why do people ask so many questions about who the captain is? Would they cancel their vacation because of a certain captain is or is not on the ship?

Just curious. I don't think I would cancel a cruise because of not knowing the captain. I was just wondering.

No harm in wondering! I'm hoping Captain Bang will be aboard the Navigator for our cruise. Many posters rave about what a personable gentleman he is and how he mingles with the passengers when time permits. :)

No harm in wondering! I'm hoping Captain Bang will be aboard the Navigator for our cruise. Many posters rave about what a personable gentleman he is and how he mingles with the passengers when time permits. :)

Same with Capt. Henry on Disney Wonder...he is a very personable guy. :)

or Captain Johnny......Heeeeere's Johnny! Have sailed with him as captain on two different RCI ships.

As Johnny would say...Good Morning...Good Morning...Good Morning :)

Emmy

Hey girls, just for the record, the captain on the Vision certainly will qualify for the expression 'Eye Candy'. We could hardly pay attention to our food the night he dined at his table next to ours!

Hey girls, just for the record, the captain on the Vision certainly will qualify for the expression 'Eye Candy'. We could hardly pay attention to our food the night he dined at his table next to ours!
Here's another "eye candy" captain for ya...Captain Hernan Zini. On the Adventure of the Seas this past July. At age 36, he is the youngest captain in their fleet.

BJ....I think you and I are talking about the same captain. After posting this, I went back and re-read the info on Captain Zini, and it says he was Captain on the Vision also.

brn2crz

I know Captain Charles as well. Actually dined with him on Splendour in 1997 when he was the staff Captain.... pretty good to look at. :) :)

Wow what a cruise that was...Splendour 1997 first RCI cruise and invited to dine with Captain Johnny and the then Staff Captain Charles on different evenings.

Now that was a cruise to remember :D Also had tablemates engineers from the shipbuilding yard that was building the first of the Eagle class ships for RCI...at that time unnamed and became Voyager of the Seas....talk about cruise heaven. :)

Emmy

Captain Zini is very, very funny. We actually looked forward to his announcements......."It is now 12 o'clock, if you are up on the pool deck enjoying the sun...it is time to turn over".

We've had a lot of really fun and interesting Captains, and interesting experiences with them, but I don't remember all of their names.

Doesn't Disney only have 2 ships? It would be easier to remember then.

Captain Zini is very, very funny. We actually looked forward to his announcements......."It is now 12 o'clock, if you are up on the pool deck enjoying the sun...it is time to turn over".

Ahhh...yes...Now that you mention it, I remember him saying that on our cruise too.

We had a junior suite, forward on the AOS. Every time we left port, Captain Zini would be in the bridge, and I would be on my balcony....with my binoculars.... watching him. That wouldn't be considered stalking....would it???...LOL;)

Up until Captain Zini, I've never really given much thought about the captains. I'm going to pay more attention to them now.

Doesn't Disney only have 2 ships? It would be easier to remember then.

Yep maybe thats why the Captains are in the spot light on the DIS boards.

I totally agree with the "eye candy" comment...and the uniform thing...something about those white uniforms...:p

Kim

PS. thanks everyone for addressing my question...I enjoyed all of your comments. :)

Our favorite is James Mc Donald (sorry Captain if I didn't spell your name right)

He brought us across the Atlantic, on Brillance, when Hurricane Gaustuv was trying to ruin our cruise. He took us north of the Titanic site. Was cold but an exciting trip. He kept us informed daily. I don't remember what he looked like but hey he gave us a good cruise. mems

I could talk all day about the captain we had on Mariner last month.... I think I developed a school-girl crush on Captain Tor Olsen.

What a great guy...

*sigh*

Wasn't he great? Everyone would listen to his announcements and start laughing at such things as:

Good morning, today is Wednesday. At least that is what the elevators say.

We are at such and such degrees north and such and such degrees west. And you know exactly where that is.

We will be making a turn so we will be doing a louis north of cuba.

Everyone on the ship loved him. He kept us well informed on the status of Hurricane Jeane and also on when we were able to get back to port.

Lisa:cool:

Well there is Captain "Dammit swabbie I said TanquerRAY on the rocks" Hazelwood or my long old friend Captain Morgan.

LOL...Captain Morgan looks better and better as the night wears on....by the time I go back to the 'ole cabin he is my soul mate....he he he Thats not too much of an alcholic visual...me sitting drunk with a bottle of the Captain...:D

Kim

Archived