Cabin Selection on Mercury

loadsofpanache

With rare exception the CC balcony cabins on the Mercury are the same size as standard cabins. We question the value of the other perks in CC and will only take CC if it is offered at a real discount, say about $100 pp or less. The limp canapes, bottle of champaign, the same flowers for a week, the leather cruise card case, and upgraded tote bag just don't have a value greater than that for us.

However we do like Celebrity and love the Mercury though.:)

If you can get 1200/1201 CC cabins, they are worth every penny. Huge balconies and right above the pizza buffet. Plus when you walk out on deck, there's a hot tub right there. One of my all time favorite cabins

Absolutely agree with Rick, great, huge balconies and they go fast. If not available 1240 and 1241 also have huge balconies but have some noise problems with the basketball courts. I didn't have a problem but some have complained.

Thanks Chessbriar I like the location of 1200/1201 not sure if they're available but will ask.

Not sure I like the sound of being so close to the basketball courts - that bouncing ball noise could get really wearing on a long cruise.

We have been in 1241 twice and have it booked for Hawaii R/T in March 09. The only time the basketball players bothered us was on the first night after 10pm. I called down to the front desk and complained about the noise and they took care of it and placed a sign up no basketball after 10pm...no problems for the entire 11 night cruise thereafter. We enjoyed the cutout as it allowed us a better view also. Excellent location to the buffet and pool decks and very little noise during the day even when they were playing basketball and we were on the balcony.

As stated 1200 and 1201 are the best but 1240 and 1241 if you can get them vs any CC cabins on lower decks due to balcony size.

Thanks Chessbriar I like the location of 1200/1201 not sure if they're available but will ask.

Not sure I like the sound of being so close to the basketball courts - that bouncing ball noise could get really wearing on a long cruise.

These cabins are away from the courts and wonderfull. Good Luck. If they are gone, grab 1240/41 and wait list for 1200/1201

Archived