Help with Crown and Anchor Membership

Hi, I am new to RCCL. Just booked my first cruise. However, I have sailed Celebrity. Does this mean that I can become a member of the Crown and Anchor. If so, how do I register? Anyone know. Thanks a million.

As a member of Celebrity's Captain's Club, you will be recognized for your membership on RC. You will be invited to a cocktail party and get a gold member coupon book. You can join Crown & Anchor now (online). You will not get credit for the RC cruise on Celebrity. They just allow members to receive the same "perks" they would get on the other cruise line.

You are only recognized if you have already reached Select on Celebrity. If you are just a Classic member then you do not get reciprocal membership.

You do have to call to get your C&A number issued.

And you cannot become a member until after you have COMPLETED your first cruise.

Actually, if they have already reached Select on Celebrity they can call C&A before their first RCCL cruise and get a C&A number issued for use on that cruise.

Thanks so much for all responses. I went on to Celebrity and got my CC number so I guess I just need to get in touch with Crown and Anchor. Just don't want to miss out on anything. Every little bit helps.

Thanks again.

Thanks so much for all responses. I went on to Celebrity and got my CC number so I guess I just need to get in touch with Crown and Anchor. Just don't want to miss out on anything. Every little bit helps.

Thanks again.

You only get reciprocal benefits on the other cruise line after you have sailed at least 5 times on one or the other. Prior to that you only receive credit for cruises on each respective line.

Hypo

Actually, if they have already reached Select on Celebrity they can call C&A before their first RCCL cruise and get a C&A number issued for use on that cruise.

I certainly did not know that. It says all over their website (RCI) that you have to complete the first cruise. How did you learn that? Not doubting you....:confused:I'm just curious.

I certainly did not know that. It says all over their website (RCI) that you have to complete the first cruise. How did you learn that? Not doubting you....:confused:I'm just curious.

We are Diamond RCCL, and have never cruised on Celebrity. I simply called Celebrity and gave them our RCCL Crown and Anchor numbers and they enrolled us in the Celebrity program.

Hypo

We are Diamond RCCL, and have never cruised on Celebrity. I simply called Celebrity and gave them our RCCL Crown and Anchor numbers and they enrolled us in the Celebrity program.

Hypo

I have 3 credits with RCI- 6 credits by the time I cruise Celebrity making me Platinum.

I contacted Captains Club requesting a membership number advising them of my current & future status and I now copy the email I received in reply. As they did not say I would receive a membership number it seems to me that I am not eligible at this time.

"Thank your for your e-mail. We apologize for any delay in our response. We appreciate your contacting us regarding your Celebrity cruise vacation. While it is true that Royal Caribbean International did acquire Celebrity Cruises, the two lines are operated as separate entities and will continue to have separate identities. As such, there are no plans to merge shipboard programs including past guest recognition programs.

You must first complete the sailings in order to have the status of Platinum.

However, starting in January 2005, Royal Caribbean International and Celebrity Cruises created an equivalent recognition program for members of our loyalty programs in the upper membership tier levels (unfortunately, Diamond Plus status is not available with this program). We do wish to highlight that this is not a merge between the two loyalty programs; therefore, your cruises will not be combined between the two cruise lines. We are simply providing a new benefit to our top two membership tiers to ensure that they receive the best benefits possible. As such, Platinum and Diamond members of Crown & Anchor Society will be able to join Captain's Club as Select or Elite members, respectively. If you have further questions about this or any of Crown & Anchor Society's benefits, please contact us via the information below.

With our enhanced systems, Crown & Anchor Society members are no longer required to show their membership cards to receive their benefits. In order to receive credit for your cruise and your onboard benefits, simply include your membership numbers in your cruise reservation prior to sailing.

Please note: Cruise credits earned while sailing onboard Azamara Cruises will be added to your Captain's Club membership.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard again soon."

Please note the parts I have highlighted in bold. That seems clear to me that I have to complete a sailing with Celebrity to get Captains Club membership - or be a Platinum member or Crown & Anchor. Or am I misinterpreting this?

You are misinterpreting it. What they are saying is that you have to reach Platinum C&A before you can call and get a Celebrity Captain's Club number based on C&A membership.

Archived