Promenade cabins on Freedom

I'm thinking about booking a promenade cabin on a Freedom cruise and was hoping people could give suggestions about them, such as which cabin location and which deck are the best? Also, did you like having a promenade cabin???? What are the advantages/disadvantages. Thanks for your help. Diane

I've been on the Navigator and the Freedom of the Seas. I was not in a promenade view (PR) cabin. However, I will be when I am on the Voyager of the Seas in April 2009.

The best deck is deck eight, unless you want the "moo suite" which is on deck six. If you are in the "moo suite" your view will be blocked by the southern end of two north facing cows. However, you get free ice cream from Ben & Jerry's for the week (I think there is a limit of one serving per person per day).

freeicecreamfortheweek.jpg

themoosuite.jpg

I've only been in a Promenade room on the Mariner. We were on Deck 8, 8601 and it was really nice. For us, it was about having a window to feel connected to the outside without actually paying for a balcony. There's quite a bit of room in there for 2 people. We never watched any of the parades from our room, just mainly looked out every now and again to see what was going on. The rooms on Deck 8 have slanted windows so yo can get a better view. The ones on 6 and 7 are regular windows.

I'm thinking about booking a promenade cabin on a Freedom cruise and was hoping people could give suggestions about them, such as which cabin location and which deck are the best? Also, did you like having a promenade cabin???? What are the advantages/disadvantages. Thanks for your help. Diane

Oops. I was so busy posting pictures I forgot to answer your question. The negatives:

1) The windows are not one way glass. Remember this BEFORE you decide to change clothes.

2) You still need to leave your cabin if you want to see what it is like outside.

We had a Promenade cabin on Explorer and loved it. We made sure there were cabins above and below us. We were on Deck 7 near midship.

The only possible drawback is that you need to remember to close your curtains when you are dressing. The gentleman directly across from us forgot to do that one evening and we really could see absolutely everything in his cabin!

There is a nice window seat for watching the festivities on the Royal Promenade and we enjoyed a couple of parades from our room. Parades were really the only time we heard any noise from the Promenade and then we could just barely hear the music, so the windows seem very well insulated.

We had a cabin on deck 6 of FOS and had an excellent view of the activity on the Promenade, including the parades. Noise was not a problem, although it could be if you are directly above the pub or other venue with music.

We had a cabin also on deck 6 on the FOS, and my kids loved it. BEST location because it is only one flight down to get to where all the action is. Noise was never a problem. If I were to sail the FOS again, I would book a Promenade cabin on deck 6 again.

That's pretty funny, has anyone had that cabin?? Diane

My husband and I had it on the Liberty, last October. Even the free ice cream, and suite amenities wasn't worth the cow view, and all the noise and disruption we endured in this cabin. I would rather have interior cabin, than that one again. :(

Never been on a Freedom class but here is what I know of the promenade cabins on Voyager class.

1. Cabins on deck 6 may be a bit noisy if you happen to be over a bar.

2. Cabins on deck 6 & 7 may have partially obstructed views due to banners and other decorations hung in the promenade.

3. Cabins on deck 6 & 7 have limited view from side windows due to fake shutters.

4. Cabins on deck 8 the window leans out for a better view.

5. You can be seen if you run around naked in your cabin with the drapes open.

6. You can have fun "decorating" your window for the world to see.

7. The square footage does not include the window seat area, so it's really bigger.

8. Promenade Cabin people are very unique. The Promenade cabin comprises less than 1/4 of 1% of all cabins in the cruise industry and you are one of the few lucky people to have one during the week you are cruising.

Thank you OP for posting this thread I was curious about the promenade rooms and attempted to do a search however all I would get was errors. Booked one of these rooms on the 8th floor of FOS for Oct. 2009 during the WOW sale. I am not new to cruising but new to RCL, was fearful that I had made a mistake and this thread is reassuring.

I've been on the Navigator and the Freedom of the Seas. I was not in a promenade view (PR) cabin. However, I will be when I am on the Voyager of the Seas in April 2009.

The best deck is deck eight, unless you want the "moo suite" which is on deck six. If you are in the "moo suite" your view will be blocked by the southern end of two north facing cows. However, you get free ice cream from Ben & Jerry's for the week (I think there is a limit of one serving per person per day).

freeicecreamfortheweek.jpg

themoosuite.jpg

We have room 6291 on Mariner. This room also appears to be directly over Ben & Jerry's. Does anyone know if we will have this view or not? If so I'd probably rather switch cabins.

We have room 6291 on Mariner. This room also appears to be directly over Ben & Jerry's. Does anyone know if we will have this view or not? If so I'd probably rather switch cabins.

There is only one "moo suite" per ship. And only on the Freedom class ships (not on the Voyager class ships).

Thanks! That is what I was hoping as I booked this cabin specifically for the view. I love the promenade views.

Perhaps we each missed each other's point. I don't know what your view will be like from your cabin. All I was trying to say (and apparently not very well) is that there is only one cabin on each of the three Freedom class ships that offers free ice cream. I am not trying to say that there is only one cabin with an obstructed view. I am also not saying that there is more than one cabin with an obstructed view.

I have an 8th floor PR cabin on the Voyager in April 2009. That is likely to be my one and only PR cabin, since I normally book balcony cabins (but have booked an ocean view when a balcony either did not make sense or was not available). My issue with a PR cabin is that I still have to leave the cabin to see what it is like outside.

Perhaps we each missed each other's point. I don't know what your view will be like from your cabin. All I was trying to say (and apparently not very well) is that there is only one cabin on each of the three Freedom class ships that offers free ice cream. I am not trying to say that there is only one cabin with an obstructed view. I am also not saying that there is more than one cabin with an obstructed view.

I have an 8th floor PR cabin on the Voyager in April 2009. That is likely to be my one and only PR cabin, since I normally book balcony cabins (but have booked an ocean view when a balcony either did not make sense or was not available). My issue with a PR cabin is that I still have to leave the cabin to see what it is like outside.

I see. I actually called RCI and was told that there is not an obstructed view in this cabin. So, no worries. I actually think it is a little further down anyway (like over the wine bar). I love the promenade rooms. I've had balcony, promenade, and ocean view, and this one happens to be my fave. Different strokes for different folks.

Cuizer2 said deck 8 is best for Promenade cabins. I'm wondering why?? I'm now convinced I'll get one Promenade cabin and one balcony (hump) so we'll have both. Now I'm just wondering which is the best deck and location. I'd appreciate any help with location decision!

Cuizer2 said deck 8 is best for Promenade cabins. I'm wondering why?? I'm now convinced I'll get one Promenade cabin and one balcony (hump) so we'll have both. Now I'm just wondering which is the best deck and location. I'd appreciate any help with location decision!

On the Voyager class the 8th deck PR cabin windows slant down (the top sticks out further than the bottom) allowing a better view. I'm not sure if this is true on the Freedom class. Also, being on the 8th deck get you a little further from the noise and a little more privacy.

I stayed in a promenade cabin last week on Freedom of the Seas. It was room 8563 and had a good view. It was a nice location overall, not just for the view of the promenade either. It was nice to be on a higher deck and it seemed like we were more centrally located to everything. Previously had rooms in the bowels of the ship, usually really far forward.

We had two balcony cabins connected with my brother and wife and two Promenade cabins for our kids connected with our two kids' cousins last May on Freedom. The four kids were right across the hall and had the feeling like they were looking outside, but no fear that one kid would push the other over the balcony. That was my main reason for not putting my 13 and 10 year old in a balcony cabin alone. I would have been too worried about it. We love this set-up so much we've pretty much booked the exact location next month on Freedom again 6/29. We were in cabins in the 8580's right above all the action. We liked being on the 8th deck for two reasons. A quick 3 flights down to the promenade and to eat in our dining room level and a quick 3 flights up the other way to the windjammer and pools, gym, etc. We took the elevator maybe twice the entire week. Three flights either way is so great. Excellent location! Promenade cabins rock! -Kathleen

Archived