Promenade cabins on Freedom

I had a Prom cabin on the Voyager deck 7. If you are not used to noise at night (light sleeper) you will not get to sleep before 2 am. If you live in town and used to noise this may not be a problem. We were right across from the Pig N Whiste and had music until closing every night. Also the light from the Prom comes in the window. Again this is me I want total darkness. Never again.:eek:

Here is the view we had from our Deck 8 Promenade Room - 8301 on the Mariner. I put 8601 in my first post... but went back and looked at the Mariner deck plans and we were in fact in 8301 based on these pictures and the deck plans.

47b7cf27b3127ccec2d9d16e644600000016100AaM2jRi0csmIPbz4I

47b7cf27b3127ccec2d905ca648800000015100AaM2jRi0csmIPbz4I47b7cf27b3127ccec2d92d65e50300000015100AaM2jRi0csmIPbz4I

• 2 weeks later...

I am still confused on the Promenade views. Say for example on the Freedom of the Seas, level 8. If we book the room 8300 which is a balcony, can we not see the Promenade too? I can't tell by the layouts, all I see is an empty space between the inside rooms 8297 & 8307. Can someone tell me what is there? That would be the best ever if we could have a balcony and see what was going on inside, the best of both worlds!

I am still confused on the Promenade views. Say for example on the Freedom of the Seas, level 8. If we book the room 8300 which is a balcony, can we not see the Promenade too? I can't tell by the layouts, all I see is an empty space between the inside rooms 8297 & 8307. Can someone tell me what is there? That would be the best ever if we could have a balcony and see what was going on inside, the best of both worlds!

No.... 8300 has an outside view... you cannot see the promenade. That blank area is most likely a service area, supply closet, or some other access. You cannot see the promenade from your room.

If you were able to see both the promenade and the ocean, then that would mean other cruisers would have to go thru your room to get to theirs.

I've been on the Navigator and the Freedom of the Seas. I was not in a promenade view (PR) cabin. However, I will be when I am on the Voyager of the Seas in April 2009.

The best deck is deck eight, unless you want the "moo suite" which is on deck six. If you are in the "moo suite" your view will be blocked by the southern end of two north facing cows. However, you get free ice cream from Ben & Jerry's for the week (I think there is a limit of one serving per person per day).

freeicecreamfortheweek.jpg

themoosuite.jpg

Thanks for the laugh :p This is something that I have never considered.

we are booked in cabin 8325 on the liberty. I have checked better since we booked and it looks like we will toward the aft elevators- by the pursers desk. Is this a bad location. Was wondering if that sculpture in the centrium will be blocking our view. Any comments???

we are booked in cabin 8325 on the liberty. I have checked better since we booked and it looks like we will toward the aft elevators- by the pursers desk. Is this a bad location. Was wondering if that sculpture in the centrium will be blocking our view. Any comments???

No, the sculpture does not extend that far into the promenade area ...

shp_lb_deck08_rc2_dpl.gif

Here is the view we had from our Deck 8 Promenade Room - 8301 on the Mariner. I put 8601 in my first post... but went back and looked at the Mariner deck plans and we were in fact in 8301 based on these pictures and the deck plans.

47b7cf27b3127ccec2d9d16e644600000016100AaM2jRi0csmIPbz4I

47b7cf27b3127ccec2d905ca648800000015100AaM2jRi0csmIPbz4I47b7cf27b3127ccec2d92d65e50300000015100AaM2jRi0csmIPbz4I

Very nice pictures... I have never had a promenade cabin, but just may need to try one soon! Did it feel more closed in due to the ceiling outside the window?

• 2 years later...
I'm so glad to hear that , because we are booked in 6291 and our friends 6293, hoping they are good cabins .

Hi Mary,

We are booked in 6289, 6291, and 6293 on our upcoming August cruise. Can you tell me how you liked your rooms and what are they directly above? Thanks.

Sherri

Archived