Grand Bahama Island?

CruisingCatherine

We just jumped on the wonderful deal NCL has for 4 day trips to the Bahamas. Kids are free. However, I have no idea which city NCL ports in on the island nor do I have any idea what to there is to do on the island. Any suggestions? What is the most popular excursions here?

We just jumped on the wonderful deal NCL has for 4 day trips to the Bahamas. Kids are free. However, I have no idea which city NCL ports in on the island nor do I have any idea what to there is to do on the island. Any suggestions? What is the most popular excursions here?

Nassau has many things to do right at the port. If you do not want to go thru the ship - which has it's benefits... like not leaving without you - try bahamas.com or several other sites you can find on the net. Many of them are listed in other threads right here. Nassau has all the shops and drinking right at the foot of the ship to keep you busy. Atlantis is somewhat steep but there are ways around it - try booking a room at Comfort Suites on Paradise Island... you can get up to 4 passes to Atlantis per room. Cable beach is a short ride by bus(#10 jitney) or cab. Breezes is $60pp but is all-inclusive and can get you drunk.

Grand Bahama Island is a wonderful place to stay.... not much for cruisers. That is because the pier is in an industrial area and to go anywhere touristy is a cab ride. You cannot get off the ship and wander around... nothing there. Our Lucaya ( http://www.portlucayamarketplace.com/ ) is where most people end up going that do not do ax excursion thru the ship. Most ships are in port only 5-6 hours. Viva Fortuna is another AI that you could do a day trip to: http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/FPOVF/main.wnt

I hate it when people say bad things about GBI - it is not really much for cruisers but I have stayed on the island many times and love the people and culture. You just have to be there for few days. The island is Huge and a trip to the east end is a couple of hours drive... the places you go thru on the way seem like another time. No worries MON

We want to renew our vows on a beach while docked in Freeport but can't get a consistent response from the two ministers we have found online. They initially email back but then we hear nothing more after we tell them what we're looking for - maybe because we don't want a full blown wedding, but just a 15 minute/$200 ceremony for the two of us. Does anyone have any info that might help with this? Thanks!

We want to renew our vows on a beach while docked in Freeport but can't get a consistent response from the two ministers we have found online. They initially email back but then we hear nothing more after we tell them what we're looking for - maybe because we don't want a full blown wedding, but just a 15 minute/$200 ceremony for the two of us. Does anyone have any info that might help with this? Thanks!

Try contacting

Embassy

The Commonwealth of the Bahamas

2220 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Washington DC 20008

Telephone: (202) 319-2660

Fax: (202) 319-2668

The Embassy of the Bahamas is located on "Embassy Row," on Massachusetts Avenue.

or

Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Goodman's Bay Corporate Centre

West Bay Street

P.O. Box N-3746

Nassau, N. P.

The Bahamas

Telephone:1-242-356-5956 - 9

322-7624

322-7625

322-7625

322-7590

328-1808FAX: 1:242-356-5990

328-8212

326-2123

E-mail: mfabahamas@batelnet.bs

MOFA@BAHAMAS.GOV.BS

Minister

The Hon. Brent Symonette, M.P.

Deputy Prime Minister and

Minister of Foreign Affairs

E-mail: bsymonette@mfabahamas.org

I'm not surprised ... that's island time. I booked a limo and had to actually send a check which was deposited and funds trasfered (about 3 weeks total time) prior to getting to GBI. It's not just GBI, but an island and Carbi mentality. Just contact them again and again. The above post has some good advice.

Thanks so much for the info. We're outdoorsy "beach people", it's our 25th anniversary, (14 of those years lived on the beautiful coast of South Carolina!), and we want the memory and beauty of an oceanfront, casual, sand between our toes, very simple ceremony. We just need somebody to officiate! :) I really appreciate the phone numbers, addresses, etc.!

Thanks so much for the info. We're outdoorsy "beach people", it's our 25th anniversary, (14 of those years lived on the beautiful coast of South Carolina!), and we want the memory and beauty of an oceanfront, casual, sand between our toes, very simple ceremony. We just need somebody to officiate! :) I really appreciate the phone numbers, addresses, etc.!

Where on the coast? We live on IOP outside Charleston.

Archived