Public Transportation from FLL to Miami

cruzin23

For my January 2005 cruise out of Miami, I decided to fly into FLL because it was much cheaper. However, now I am having trouble finding a cheap way to Miami from FLL. We are going a day early, so the cruise line transfers won't help.

Options such as taking a taxi or limo service seem to be pretty expensive (plus I'm too young to rent a car) so I was just wondering if anybody ever took the public transportation services (Tri-Rail, MetroRail, MetroMover, etc) to get from FLL to their hotel in Miami. I had looked into it and it's super cheap, just though I'd like to get some input from anybody who had any experience with it...

Thanks!

From FLL there is a "shared" taxi/limo service. You go to the desk outside the terminal, tell them were you want to go, and within a 1/2 hour you'll be in a taxi/limo/van heading to your destination with a bunch of other people. They sometimes stop along the way to pick up and drop off other passengers, so it might be a little bit of a mini-tour.

$15-$16/pp FLL to downtown Miami or SoBe, plus tip.

Public Transit is a bit of a hassel. You have to take a shuttle bus to get to the tri-rail station, then the train, then another bus and/or metromover to finally get to your hotel. The shared ride is more expensive, but worth it IMHO.

We used a company called SuperShuttle to go from our hotel in Ft. Lauderdale (Holiday Inn) to the cruise terminal in Miami ( and back to the airport afterwards). It was about 20 bucks a person as I recall.

They have online reservations too :)

I have a similar situation on 10/23 sailing. We are arriving on 10/22. After a little research I beleive that I am going to rent a SUV at FLL (there are 4 adults), drop the others off at the port on 10/23, return the car to MIA and take the rental agencies free shuttle back to the port to meet the others. The best rate I have found for us so far is about $70.

Hey guys. Thanks for the great suggestions. But please dont include links to shuttle services, etc. You can say you used Super Shuttle or so and so limo service but you can't give the contact information. Instead, tell the original poster that you used Super Shuttle and that if the OP Googled Super Shuttle, they would find their web site. Sorry for any inconvenience. But that's the best way to get your info out there. Thanks!

Archived