Transportation from Fort Lauderdale airport?

It's very close. The hotel we stay at escapes me, but after you get your luggage, there's phones right that connect directly to your hotel. Ours came within minutes at no charge.

Then in the morning, they took us to the port at no charge. Very convenient.

The hotel we stayed at was across the street from a grocery store to get last minutes items and in the same parking lot as a mexican restaurant. There were many others in walking distance. If I remember, I'll repost.

There's a certain section of town that you want to get your hotel at.

Have fun...but to answer your question, it's close.

It is about 10 minutes away. Actually when your plane is landing you can see the cruise ships. Either taxi or RCI shuttle would work. Taxi would be faster and you wouldn't have 50 other passengers getting and standing in line at exactly the same time you are. But then again, you miss the whole performance of the bus driver as he wipes the sweat from his brow, huffs and puffs, sighs and puts on a performance worthy of a big tip that the transfer voucher states is included in the price. :)

Actually the Fort Lauderdale airport is about 30 minutes away from the port. The Miami airport is about 10 minutes away. From what I've read on the boards, a cab from FLL to the port can run you $50 or more. I know there are plenty of shuttle services that can do it cheaper.

How big is your group? 10 of use fly in to FLL May 5th and we chartered a limo. It worked out to $32/person, round trip. If your group is 4 or less, it's probably cheaper to call a shuttle company.

I used A Star Light Limo company. They were great. Very professional. Clean car. Arrived on time at a predetermined area. I will use them again. If you want their contact info, let me know - I can't find their # right now.

Actually the Fort Lauderdale airport is about 30 minutes away from the port.

Really? It's less than 5 miles, so how can that take 30 minutes? It took us about 15 minutes from the nearby Hampton Inns to get there (3 miles), and that included being held up by a freight train.

FLL is very close to Port Everglades. We walked off Enchantment in January at 8:30 am and were at the Delta terminal at FLL by 8:45. Taxi fare for 3 people was $18.00 total + tip.

That's one of the reasons I love flying into FLL and sailing from Port Everglades.

FLL is very close to Port Everglades. We walked off Enchantment in January at 8:30 am and were at the Delta terminal at FLL by 8:45. Taxi fare for 3 people was $18.00 total + tip.

That's one of the reasons I love flying into FLL and sailing from Port Everglades.

I thought the OP meant the port of Miami. My mistake.

Archived