Confused... Cabin 7447...

OK, so I have read so many different things between several boards and I am confused. We have cabin 7447 on the Glory and it is an 8B extended balcony. It is right next to the wrap-around suite. I know it does not have a sofa, only a chair and table (which is fine), but I have read it is because it is smaller?? It shows he same sq. footage as the others afts, and my PVP assured me it is.... Is it reallt smaller or is it just layed out differently?

I am so worried about this...

Thanks!

I have the same cabin, and I too was told different stories. I was told it is the same and I have been told that the cabin is not as wide because the suite cuts into it and that is why the table chair vs sofa. Which if that is the case would make the balcony more narrow then a regular balcony. And yes I have looked at the pictures and it does not show me anything. We have stayed in a reg Glory cabin and if this is the same size great, we also cruise Princess which has no sofa so I will not miss that. If you get any answers from someone who has actually stayed in the cabin I would be interested.

I have the same cabin, and I too was told different stories. I was told it is the same and I have been told that the cabin is not as wide because the suite cuts into it and that is why the table chair vs sofa. Which if that is the case would make the balcony more narrow then a regular balcony. And yes I have looked at the pictures and it does not show me anything. We have stayed in a reg Glory cabin and if this is the same size great, we also cruise Princess which has no sofa so I will not miss that. If you get any answers from someone who has actually stayed in the cabin I would be interested.

Hopefully we will have a few people on here that have stayed in this cabin... :)

7447 and 7442 are the same dimensions and layout as 7444,7446,7449 and 7451. The only difference between them is the missing sofa. The reason the sofa isn't in these cabins is visible in the pictures linked above, the access panel to the plumbing for the bathroom in 7445. If a sofa was in this space it would need to be removed in order for maintenance to use the panel.

OK, so I have read so many different things between several boards and I am confused. We have cabin 7447 on the Glory and it is an 8B extended balcony. It is right next to the wrap-around suite. I know it does not have a sofa, only a chair and table (which is fine), but I have read it is because it is smaller?? It shows he same sq. footage as the others afts, and my PVP assured me it is.... Is it reallt smaller or is it just layed out differently?

I am so worried about this...

Thanks!

I am just curious as to why you are so worried.. from looking at the pictures.. it looks like there is plenty of room to move around.. and you will have an aft balcony.. what more could ya want;):p

My friends had that cabin on the Liberty and we had the wrap and I have to tell you that room was very small. I was amazed at how much smaller it was. Now they had the beds seperated and not made into a queen. I have been in the middle cabins also as another couple of friends had the cabin next to it and it was a lot bigger. This is just my opinion, I mean it isn't like a closet but just smaller.

Thanks everyone. I have been planning this for so long and been so excited about having the aft (after hearing so many great things about those rooms), and I just did not want that room to ba smaller than the other aft rooms. I booked our room as well as my parents and my aunt and uncle (who are in the next 2 aft balconies). I was just hoping I did not screw myself out of a great room.. LOL! :p I can deal with not having a sofa, I just did not want to be in a tiny space. We had an interior on the Liberty (we thought we could do without the windows and all).... and it seemed small to me, (I get claustrophobic)but I am sure the outside lights help. I know it will be a great cruise, and it is what you make of it. I am just so excited (it's been a while since our last cruise), and I wanted to make sure we made a good decision.

gail811- I remember seeing those pics from you a while back, I guess I just could not figure out why there was not a sofa.. :o Thanks for sharing!

yst347- Thanks for the explanation. That makes sense now (about why there is no sofa)...

Thanks again!

Thanks everyone. I have been planning this for so long and been so excited about having the aft (after hearing so many great things about those rooms), and I just did not want that room to ba smaller than the other aft rooms. I booked our room as well as my parents and my aunt and uncle (who are in the next 2 aft balconies). I was just hoping I did not screw myself out of a great room.. LOL! :p I can deal with not having a sofa, I just did not want to be in a tiny space. We had an interior on the Liberty (we thought we could do without the windows and all).... and it seemed small to me, (I get claustrophobic)but I am sure the outside lights help. I know it will be a great cruise, and it is what you make of it. I am just so excited (it's been a while since our last cruise), and I wanted to make sure we made a good decision.

gail811- I remember seeing those pics from you a while back, I guess I just could not figure out why there was not a sofa.. :o Thanks for sharing!

yst347- Thanks for the explanation. That makes sense now (about why there is no sofa)...

Thanks again!

No problem. I just confirmed with my son, he had 7449 next to his brother. He said the rooms were the same except for the sofa. Our son in 7447 put the baby's pack and play where the table was and they still were comfortable. I understand the stress myself. We had 6452, corner wrap, in 2007. Moved to the Empress deck this year and had conflicting reports on the differences in space between the two. I think 7445 offered a little less floor space, but did not change my cruise one bit! Have a wonderful time!

Hi, It is the 2 center afts that have less square footage than the other afts. We stayed in 7448 on Conquest last year and the hallway was so narrow the bathroom door couldn't open all the way. We have 6485 booked for next March.

We were in 7442 on Liberty. Great room! You will love it! My DH and I were just talking about booking the Miracle and he said try and get the same cabin on the end by the wrap aft cabin. We loved the location, cabin, everything!!! Have a great time.

Ok I am satisfied that the cabin is the same size and the reason for no sofa is the plumming. Thanks to everybody. I want the aft because it is a great place and love the extra balcony depth. I told my agent when I booked that I would not accept an upgrade, did not want to be moved to a BC, which I could of had at booking for the same price, past guest special-2 grade upgrade, so I got my B cabin for the price of an A. I will stop thinking about it.

Ok I am satisfied that the cabin is the same size and the reason for no sofa is the plumming. Thanks to everybody. I want the aft because it is a great place and love the extra balcony depth. I told my agent when I booked that I would not accept an upgrade, did not want to be moved to a BC, which I could of had at booking for the same price, past guest special-2 grade upgrade, so I got my B cabin for the price of an A. I will stop thinking about it.

I am satisfied now too... :) Thanks to all of you for easing my mind! :o

Archived