Best veranda staterooms???

darrencantwait

Tinwoman

I have read somewhere on CC that some cabins on Deck 8 can suffer from noise from above - something about cleaning, or setting up or draining the pool. You might want to check if you are light sleepers.

JJ

I have read that also, but we are NOT light sleepers LOL.

But if it is so loud it wakes even us, we will be sure to let the readers here know. :)

Glad to hear it. I know others had mentioned it, but apparently its not an ongoing problem. Who knows ? Maybe it was simply a cabin attendant who wasn't paying enough attention to it.

Andy,

We just returned from our cruise on Oceania, the same "R" type ship.

We had an aft balcony. It did catch some soot from the stacks, but not excessive.

Andy,

We just returned from our cruise on Oceania, the same "R" type ship.

We had an aft balcony. It did catch some soot from the stacks, but not excessive.

Hi Ed !

Thanks for sharing the information with us. I hope you had a great Cruise. How were the waffles ? Did they compare well to Celebrity/Azamara ?

Hi Ed !

Thanks for sharing the information with us. I hope you had a great Cruise. How were the waffles ? Did they compare well to Celebrity/Azamara ?

No comparison. Celebrity wins hands down. :)

• 1 month later...

I have never had an aft cabin other than on Princess, we had a huge suite on a high deck. The Fitzroy Suite.

Personally the things I didn't like were the roar of the wake, people couldn't even talk out there. The balcony was the hugest we ever had. But we didn't utilize it because of the noise.

Also I suffered sea sickness back there, and my traveling companion whom has never gotten motion sickness was sick too.

The seas were as normal as any other cruise we have been on.

So I don't know if it was the ship itself or what. But for me never an aft cabin again.

I did fine in the bow. Go figure.

We have been offered 6090, 8093, 8090 or 7023 for a transatlantic voyage. Any helpful advice would be appreciated. First time on Azamara?

Staterooms #6090, #8090, and #8093 are all Sunset Veranda's which are located at the aft of the ship. #6090 has the largest balcony. Stateroom #7023 is a veranda located in the forward of the ship. If the seas should get rough at all, you will feel the most motion in #7023.

Shari

We have been offered 6090, 8093, 8090 or 7023 for a transatlantic voyage. Any helpful advice would be appreciated. First time on Azamara?

Hi Grayjoh !

I agree with Shari. Given those 4 choices, I would choose 6090 first, the 2 balconies on Deck 8 next, and 7023 would be my last choice. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. Enjoy your Cruise !

Thanks for your replies. Couldn't decide between 8093 and 6090 but eventually went for 6090. We were not sure whether the windows cafe above deck 8 would overlook the balcony on 8093. Hope we have made the right decision.

Archived