Balcony discount question

I'm asking the experts because this is the place to come for all the answers.

I've just booked 2 cabins this morning for a cruise on the Adventure OTS Oct 26. Both my husband and i are platinum so i put a cabin in each of our names to take advantage of the $100.00 per cabin discount, that part was easy. We'll be sailing with our daughter, son-in-law and 4 y.o. grandaughter, they are all gold members, now i believe that as they'll be sailing with us they'll get the platinum perks my question is do they keep their platinum status for future cruises or do they revert back to their own gold status after the cruise until they "earn" their own platinum. They've only cruised 1 other time, so it will be a while for them.

Thanks in advance!

From my experience, they will stay gold. There sea passes will say they are gold. The only perks they will get to take advantage of, is if they send sweets or snacks to you and your husband's rooms, since you are platnum.

I was a diamond member and had 2 gold members and a new cruiser with me in a room, and that was how it worked for us.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the quick replies, I'd forgotten the little tidbit about the part that they have to live in our household to get our status, oh well, at least we're able to get the discount on the cruise.

Thanks, Claire

They won´t get platinum perks. They will get to board with you in the priority line but other than that they will be gold. They will have Gold member printed on their Seapass card and they will receive the gold C&A booklet. I´ve cruised with my Mom when I was diamond and she was on her first cruise in the same cabin. She got non recognition at all, while I got the Diamond stuff (btw. nothing wrong with that)

They will stay as gold.

My daughters earned Platinum level while iving with us (but not because we are platinum, but because they actually sailed with us). My husband & I have sailed without them and we've earned Diamond status. Since my older daughter has moved out, she has remained platinum and will have to earn diamond on her own. And even though my younger daughter still lives with us, she has not be given our diamond status.

EDITED....CORRECTION...I was wrong. I just checked my younger daughter's C&A status, and she IS diamond. (I did not know that!)

Archived