Review: Legend 05/11/08 - 05/18/08

KenMo

Here's a link to the pix I have uploaded so far.....I hope it works. Will someone let me know if it's not right??? Thanks!!!

http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/dd189/KenMoRo/Legend%20May%202008/

Great pictures

thanks for posting these! I just looked through all of your pics. You took some really beautiful ones of the ship. I really enjoyed them :)

Thank you

Thanks for the wonderful review! Loved the pictures! Here is a question - perhaps you can give an answer! We are currently booked on the Legend (cabin 7301- 9A) for New Year's 2009, but I am very tempted to change it to the Glory (8B) instead. We have never sailed on a Spirit class ship, and I am worried it may be too "small" for us! (will be sailing on Miracle - cabin 6232 - 8E extended quad balcony - this Christmas) I booked the Legend mainly for the itinerary - but the Glory has almost the same itinerary. Am I making a mistake in going on a "smaller" ship? Glory is about $400 cheaper for an 8B - but I can snag the same cabin we have on Miracle ( a prime cabin, from what I understand) and save the $400. Don't really need a 9A, anyway! Both ships have great reviews. Any opinions? Have never sailed out of Tampa - heard it was great to do. Sailed out of Port Canaveral with Disney many years ago. Any and all opinions will be happily accepted - dh doesn't want to hear my indecisiveness anymore!

Thanks for the great review, we are doing this same curise this November. A question on the water levels for cave tubing, will they be somewhat higher in November? Also when you mentioned that this was a pretty boring excursion would you recommned any other excursion for this port? I am still debating if we want to do the cave-tubing, I am afraid if we don't we will regret it later but I also do not want the anxienty of missing the ship since we will be booked through an independent company. I could booked through Carnival but since the reviews of this excusion are just not the best I really don't want to waste the money on it. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Thanks for the very nice review. I'm looking forward to all the promised reviews. We enjoyed our Legend cruise last year. As far as layouts go, I liked the layout of the Liberty better but I don't care how twisted and confusing the ship's layout is much better than my house or work design.

Your welcome!

Yes....I prefer Conquest class ships. And I agree with you, being on any ship is better than home or work!

BTW.....Kenny and I are taking my mom on Liberty in September. Can't wait!!

Fantastic photos.. thanks so much for posting them.. just what I was looking and hoping for:):D

You're welcome!!

Fins and Flippers and Nachi Cocum were wonderful! I will definately be going back to both places on future cruises.

Thanks for the great review and pictures! We leave in 11 days and can not wait!!!

You're welcome!!

Your first cruise.....how exciting for you!

Prepare to become addicted!!

Thanks for the great review, we are doing this same curise this November. A question on the water levels for cave tubing, will they be somewhat higher in November? Also when you mentioned that this was a pretty boring excursion would you recommned any other excursion for this port? I am still debating if we want to do the cave-tubing, I am afraid if we don't we will regret it later but I also do not want the anxienty of missing the ship since we will be booked through an independent company. I could booked through Carnival but since the reviews of this excusion are just not the best I really don't want to waste the money on it. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

I just googled "Belize rainy season"......it's May through November. Looks like I was a tad too early!! So I would say, yes.....higher water levels in November. Which would mean the water would be faster moving. This would make it more fun for me!

Another excursion I've done in Belize is the Lamanai Ruins. Also through an independent company. Here's the link:

http://www.belizecruiseexcursions.com/Lamanai_Belize.htm

If you're into ruins, you might enjoy it.

Thanks for the wonderful review! Loved the pictures! Here is a question - perhaps you can give an answer! We are currently booked on the Legend (cabin 7301- 9A) for New Year's 2009, but I am very tempted to change it to the Glory (8B) instead. We have never sailed on a Spirit class ship, and I am worried it may be too "small" for us! (will be sailing on Miracle - cabin 6232 - 8E extended quad balcony - this Christmas) I booked the Legend mainly for the itinerary - but the Glory has almost the same itinerary. Am I making a mistake in going on a "smaller" ship? Glory is about $400 cheaper for an 8B - but I can snag the same cabin we have on Miracle ( a prime cabin, from what I understand) and save the $400. Don't really need a 9A, anyway! Both ships have great reviews. Any opinions? Have never sailed out of Tampa - heard it was great to do. Sailed out of Port Canaveral with Disney many years ago. Any and all opinions will be happily accepted - dh doesn't want to hear my indecisiveness anymore!

I'm not ignoring you......I'm just waiting for Carnival's website to start working again so I can give you my best opinion....lol!

Hopefully soon!

I know you aren't ignoring me! I couldn't get on Carnival's site till a few minutes ago. Kept getting a "fatal error" message, or something like that. (maintenance work message, also) I cleaned out my browser, and dumped the cookies, history, whatever, and now it works ! BTW - I made the decision to stay on the Legend, "downgraded" from 9A cabin 7301 to extended balcony cabin 6232. I saved around $500, and that will become more as prices drop. (we always hit at least one sale!) I told my pvp that if we didn't like Miracle 6232 this December, I would switch to Glory! But thanks so much for the reply. Glad everyone seems to love the Legend, and I hope you have many years of happy cruising together!

Chair Hogs:

Chair hogs usually don't bother me. I don't need to be right by the pool. I like to go up on the higher decks near a shower. But.....no showers on the higher decks. That was one thing that really sucked for me.

I.

That sucks for me too :eek: I can sit and look at pool at home. When on a ship I prefer a higher deck where I have an unobstucted view of the ocean and shower near by to cool off under.

I'll still have a wonderful time--I'll just have to go down the slide or walk further to cool off.

Thanks so much for your wonderful review and pictures. It really helps the day to pass faster while waiting for my turn on the Legend.

I know you aren't ignoring me! I couldn't get on Carnival's site till a few minutes ago. Kept getting a "fatal error" message, or something like that. (maintenance work message, also) I cleaned out my browser, and dumped the cookies, history, whatever, and now it works ! BTW - I made the decision to stay on the Legend, "downgraded" from 9A cabin 7301 to extended balcony cabin 6232. I saved around $500, and that will become more as prices drop. (we always hit at least one sale!) I told my pvp that if we didn't like Miracle 6232 this December, I would switch to Glory! But thanks so much for the reply. Glad everyone seems to love the Legend, and I hope you have many years of happy cruising together!

Sounds like a good choice. I was going to say that because the bars/lounges are spread out on two decks on Legend, it just didn't seem like much was happening...at least not like on the Conquest class.

But since you'll be there for New Years.....I don't think it wll matter much!

I agree about the 9A. If I'm not mistaken, they are not the aft wraps on Legend. Not worth spending the extra money. I think you'll be very happy with the extended balcony!

Enjoy your cruise!!!

KenMoRo....your pictures are awesome. If I wasn't already counting the days, hours, and minutes....I am now. Just 10 more days....Legend to Western Caribbean.Thanks sooooomuch for sharing your pictures.

Jamie

KenMoRo....your pictures are awesome. If I wasn't already counting the days, hours, and minutes....I am now. Just 10 more days....Legend to Western Caribbean.Thanks sooooomuch for sharing your pictures.

Jamie

I'm with you on counting the days myself. I believe I have 17 days until I board the Legend. As a teacher the last few days of school can be quite hectic.

Archived