Complaining Couple Banned from RCI

the thing that gets me is if the intent of the passenger is not to scam RC out of Service recovery money then why in the world would someone continue to cruise a line that has given them so many issues

I think that you know the answer to this.:)

BINGO!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! Don't be surprised if you see a "friends" request from me at your My Space page. I need to see the monster roach in a water glass!!!! :eek: :D :D :D

m_2f12b5dd3eedfab45ca965a3b2daa0fe.jpg

Saved you the trouble....

But please, feel free to do the request anyway!! :D

Regarding discussing a "settlement" after you get it....

Just because you get something for compensation from a compnay does not mean you cannot or should not discuss it. Only a Confidentiality Agreement says that.

For instance, as the beautiful and talented Parrotthead pointed out earlier in this thread, I recently stayed in a hotel where I was greeted in my bed by a flying roach the size of Rhode Island (a very nice hotel otherwise, by the way). I got a free room after I took the evil beast down to the desk still kicking in a water glass.

But I have EVERY RIGHT to tell whomever I choose, because I signed nothing to say that I wouldn't. I even posted a picture of the roach on my MySpace page to share him with the world. But i have no other complaints against the hotel, they just need a better exterminator I guess. :p

So yeah, Hilton in Galveston, big flying roach, free room, film at eleven...:eek:

You are right and unless it was discussed that no one speak of a settlement then she had every right to state what she got. IMO if someone from these boards read about her settlement and was JEALOUS called RCCL to complain they are the ones that should be stoned:rolleyes: ...

Jealousy will get you no where and what goes around will certainly come around:) .

Ya know, I was wondering the same thing. RCCL banned them "last November". It's not news NOW...it was news "last November". I am wondering why MSNBC decided to pick up this story. Just seems odd. And this is coming from someone with a journalism background. It's not news if it happened 7 months ago, it's HISTORY.

Yes, I absolutely believe they should. That's the great thing about CC. Everyone is given a forum to speak their mind/opinion about cruising. I am not one for censoring though. ;)

Yes, but it is MSNBC, and the news as news has never ever been a real high priority.:D

jc

You are right and unless it was discussed that no one speak of a settlement then she had every right to state what she got. IMO if someone from these boards read about her settlement and was JEALOUS called RCCL to complain they are the ones that should be stoned:rolleyes: ...

Jealousy will get you no where and what goes around will certainly come around:) .

Yes and one could just as easily say that they contacted the cruise line with their complaints and that the cruise line handled the issues to their satisfaction and nothing more. And you are correct about what goes around comes around!!!!!;)

And yeah, that's a QUARTER he's next to, nice, huh!! I was told he's a Palmetto Bug, fancy name for a ROACH!!:eek:

Yes they are called Palmetto Bugs and as a transplanted Northerner now living in GA, I have unfortunately seen my share and yes...they are nasty (an unfortunate side effect of living in the south, you cannot escape them). The only difference between PB and Roaches (like the kind in the North) is that PB's don't carry disease while the others do (as told to me by our bug guy)

end of bug lesson..continue on

OK kids,

I read her review and one of mine from last two years. In both cases, I don't think they were out of line, but every company has a right to exclude cusomers if they so choose.

Will I avoid RCCI due to their review or subsequent ban? absolutely not!!I have read reviews from the same cruise from 2 different posters and get two different views of the exact same cruise!! so what, we all are not in lock step to the same cruise.

Reading between the MSNBC lines( and by the way, their objectivity has been questionable for some time, anybody ever watch Mathews and Olberman?) It appears as if the subjects in question were the kind of folks who try to get something by complaining , or it appears RCCI thought they were that kind of customer.

But If I was banned, I think I would not allow people to speculate as to why by KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT and not telling the world about it....better to be thought a fool than opening mouth and proving it to be true....

OK the mystery is solved! It's pretty easy for RCCL to figure out who you are when you post a review and give info for a "14 day cruise, September 07, Embarkation: Vancouver, Cabin 8672, D1 category."

I mean, call me Sherlock Holmes, but it doesn't take the CIA to figure out the name of the reviewer in that cabin. :eek:

I know I know, I must be psychic. :D

Tracey - yep, guess we forgot to warn you that even the BUGS are BIGGER in Texas. I've had those in my house before and I usually murder them and then vacuum them up - I'm too grossed out to pick them up. :eek:

As for this particular cruiser being banned, I would say that the review had very little if nothing to do with it. In my opinion, you have someone manipulating a reporter with their version of the "truth" when the actual events that led to the ban are completely different.

I worked for a major credit card company who is starting to track the $$$$ value of each card holder. Being a chronic complainer lowers your value to the company and how much they will give for compensation.

I've read about cell phone companies dropping customers for similar reasons - because they were always on the line to customer service to dispute charges or complain about service or request help with using their phones. The cell companies decided those customers were too expensive to keep.

It's pretty easy these days with sophisticated CRM software to know exactly what your customers are not only buying from you, but what they're costing you in terms of extra service and dispute compensation.

So yeah, Hilton in Galveston, big flying roach, free room, film at eleven...:eek:

OMG i almost just went to the bathroom on my self, lmao that is so funny.

if you keep giving to be nice, so the other person/persons feel better soon or later you will be taken advantage of, it seems thats what was happening RCL showed to have good faith and gave them compensation, why not keep going back they were like cruising for nothing. Its so bad when people take advantage, thats why many people dont trust. when i go some where i never go with a mind set as everything will be perfect, not even if it was brand new ,if i wanted perfect i say home and do it myself LOL

Who would want a nitty person anyway as a customer i wouldnt.RCL good for you.The review i think wasn't the problem its was them telling there business all over the board,hey theres things you dont talk about and to me that was one, what u get keep it to ur self, maybe the other person/persons who get comp dont get what they got so why open a can of worms.

CC rocks i never knew about cruising, never met so many great people and now alot of new friends who are family to us. I must say thanks guys for everything

This is getting blown way out of propotion........I for one applaud RC for the decision they made. There are many reasons they did what they did.........unfortunately RC can't comment and that's the way it is in business.........usually when you are right you just have to keep quiet.

Realise that RC moved on down the road from this months ago:) This really is old news........

This is getting blown way out of propotion........I for one applaud RC for the decision they made. There are many reasons they did what they did.........unfortunately RC can't comment and that's the way it is in business.........usually when you are right you just have to keep quiet.

Realise that RC moved on down the road from this months ago:) This really is old news........

Well if this person hoped that they would get some attention by going to whomever they did, they received their wish but somehow I don't think that this is the attention that they wanted as so far from reading the various comments they are not on her side. Like I stated earlier in this thread, I do believe that RCI is reading all of this and must be smiling.

On the Radiance Member's cruise that is in the review being discussed, at the C&A meeting that was held on the first sea day in the morning, Rachel Hancock came up to my wife and said "I just love your avatar"!! I thought my already fair haired wife was going to turn grey...........and she also knew her screen name from CC.

I guess they know who we are!

Now THAT is creepy!!! :eek:

Well if this person hoped that they would get some attention by going to whomever they did, they received their wish but somehow I don't think that this is the attention that they wanted as so far from reading the various comments they are not on her side. Like I stated earlier in this thread, I do believe that RCI is reading all of this and must be smiling.

I don't think they EVER thought it would bring this much attention.....or I would certainly hope not.........and you're right........the response isn't I'm sure what they anticipated:rolleyes:

I think there is a thread on this on every CC main board........well, probably not Silver Seas:rolleyes:

I have two trains of thought on this one:

1.) I can see the cruise lines dislike of dealing with the constant complaints, but I still think it wasn't enough to ban them from the line.

2.) RCCL asked that the reviews be amended or pulled down?? That is just ridiculous. That is censorship... did RCCL learn their tactics from Joseph Stalin?

RCCL made their own bed by continuing to give the compensations, but yet they want to take it out on the couple and then censor their words?? What did were they trying to do with the $500, buy a good review??

I have made many public complaints against NCL over the years (many well documented on here). The only compensation that I have ever asked for was to be moved back to a cabin that they had moved us out of. That is one reason why I don't ask for compensation...it would put me in debt to the cruise line. I will say that NCL has NEVER contacted me about any post on here and I have never been asked to remove anything.

I will be sailing on RCCL on July 3 and I will be writing a full review upon my return. Those of you who know me, know that I will tell both the good and the bad. Hopefully, there won't be any bad. RCCL won't be bullying me.

Archived