wait list

klugh

Any hints on what to do when you are on the wait list, and you don't get traditionl dining.

I was told I was 254 on the list. Any Luck in getting traditional seating with that number.

Thanks Deb

It depends on when you're sailing. If it's over six months away, there's a possibility. If it's closer than that, chances are pretty slim. If it's after final payment, your chances are zilch. You can always go to the Maitre D when you board and ask to be seated in Traditional dining. Often, he'll be able to seat you but not always.

Any hints on what to do when you are on the wait list, and you don't get traditionl dining.

I was told I was 254 on the list. Any Luck in getting traditional seating with that number. Thanks Deb

We have cleared that high a number for Late Traditional. As mentioned, the farther out from you cruise you are the better your chance. If past final payment.... chances are slim.

If you do not clear the list and get Traditional, then you will be assigned Anytime. If asking for Early Traditional and do not clear, you will not be assigned Late Traditional, but will get Anytime. Vise-versa applies also.

As mentioned, you can check with the Matre'd after boarding to see if you can be accommodated. If not, what we did was get a standing reservation in Anytime near the time we wanted to dine. ;)

So if I get a standing reservation , will that be with the same waiter?? And can I request the same waiter and time at the begining of the week?? I'm sorry but i never did non traditionl dining before.

Thanks Deb

I keep seeing conflicting answers on making a standing reservation for the whole cruise. Some say you can do, others say no, and still others say no from 6-8 pm. We booked our Alaskan cruise late, and we are pretty high on the list for first seating. We'd love to find a waitperson we like and have that table for the entire trip.

Archived