Questions while in Ports

Clark Griswold

Hi, my family of 5 is taking the Caribbean Princess to Bermuda, San Juan, Grand Turk and St. Thomas on June 4th. Can anyone tell me if it is walking distance from the dock to Governor's Beach on Grand Turk? We'd also like to check out the pool at Margarittaville....what would our best mode of transportation be? We aren't too crazy about waiting in lines.

Same question for Bermuda...plan on going to Horseshoe Bay then King's Wharf for a drink or two...rent a Jeep?

And one more time for St. Thomas...Magen's Bay

Thanks!

Margaritaville is right at the end of the dock...you can't miss it. Although I have not visited Governor's Beach, it is my understanding it is within walking distance. There will be plenty of taxis available if you prefer to ride.

You can rent a vehicle in Bermuda, take a taxi, or a bus.

In St. Thomas there will also be plenty of open-air taxis (converted pickup trucks) at the dock for transportation to Magen's Bay.

Check out the various Ports of Call forums for a lot of information.

Welcome to CC and enjoy your cruise...

Lew

I have also not been to Gouvenor's Beach but there is a beach with lots of lounge chairs right in front of Margaritville. There is also a large duty free store before Margaritville.

Carnival Corp. invested millions for the pier area in Grand Turk so it is very tourist friendly without having to go far.

Hi, my family of 5 is taking the Caribbean Princess to Bermuda, San Juan, Grand Turk and St. Thomas on June 4th. Can anyone tell me if it is walking distance from the dock to Governor's Beach on Grand Turk? We'd also like to check out the pool at Margarittaville....what would our best mode of transportation be? We aren't too crazy about waiting in lines.

Same question for Bermuda...plan on going to Horseshoe Bay then King's Wharf for a drink or two...rent a Jeep?

And one more time for St. Thomas...Magen's Bay

Thanks!

From what I've gathered from the Port of Call boards:

Grand Turk - Cab or Walk to Governor's

Bermuda - #7 Bus to and from Horseshoe Bay (need to get the bus pass right off the ship)

St. Thomas - Cab to Magen's Bay

Perhaps it has changed, but the law in Bermuda used to be that visitors couldn't rent cars. The island was at risk of gridlock, and there was a limit on how many cars a resident family could own. That's why there are so many mopeds.

Archived