Cabin Location Worries

Bzygirl66

I'm sailing on the Elation in a guarantee room. I found out our room is R22 which is at the front of the ship. I'm not complaining because it is an upgrade (no bunk bed). My concern is that I'm prone to sea sickness and am worried that the front location will make matters worse. Does anyone have experience with front of the ship cabins? :confused:

I've been near the front in both of my previous cruises and neither my wife nor I had any problems. But neither one of us is prone to motion sickness either.

I don't really remember significantly more motion in the cabin than when we were elsewhere on the ship, though they always say there is less motion in the center.

I'm sailing on the Elation in a guarantee room. I found out our room is R22 which is at the front of the ship. I'm not complaining because it is an upgrade (no bunk bed). My concern is that I'm prone to sea sickness and am worried that the front location will make matters worse. Does anyone have experience with front of the ship cabins? :confused:

I was even closer to the front than you before and you can feel the motion more than mid ship. Just take some medicine and you should be fine. I was more in tune to the waves breaking across the bow,I hated that. I also hated when they dropped anchor,what a noise.

Steve

Bzygirl - Don't worry about it. I've had cabin M6 - which is three cabins from the front. No problem, except for about 30 seconds when they dropped anchor at the ports. I was awake anyway, but if you were sleeping, it might be a shock!:eek: I've had cabins all over different ships, and felt no more motion in M6 than at any other time. Really. I'm a light sleeper, and never heard any waves breaking against the bow.:rolleyes: (If you notice pictures of the ships, NO cabin is really that close to the bow.)

I agree with Cotton - the biggest issue is the anchor. Also, the direction the bed was made me really nauseous until I started sleeping the other way. Can't remember which way. Think I changed so that I was heading the same way as the ship instead of from side to side.

I just came off of the Elation (9/26). We were in cabin R17. My cruisemate is very prone to motion sickness and had no problem but she did have the patch. I was taking bonine the first few days but quit by Wednesday. There was a little motion from side to side but not enough to bother you much. My bed was situated port to starboard and it kind of rocked me to sleep each night. I noticed the motion more in the Mikado lounge than anywhere else on ship. I agree with others that the main inconvenience was them dropping the anchor. It did have a tendency to make the room vibrate a bit.

I disagree with the poster who said the bow hitting the water doesnt make noise!

One time on the way back from Cozumel- it was a little rough and we were going fast and all night long bam crash bam crash bam crash from the bow hitting the water!

Kept me awake forever- hate the riveria deck - but we got a great great deal, so you get what you pay for.

Sooooo, if you have a far forward cabin and they drop anchor....do all levels of decks hear it and feel the vibration or just the first few bottom decks??

On Fantasy class ships probably all forward cabins.

On all others except the real old ships only the 2 lower decks as those are the only ones with cabins near the anchors.

Steve

I was in room E12 on the Elation and got very seasick. Untill I asked the room steward for some pills. Then it was fun fun fun, But I did hear the anchor every morning.

Bonnie

S.S. Azure Seas 1986

Elation 2003

Carnival Spirit 11/9/04

bkbunny,

What deck was E12 on? I'm not familiar with the Elation. Is that deck 12?What kind of pills did the steward give you? Did they make you drowsy? I took Bonine on our last cruise and they made me very tired and icky. Once I got off of them, I was fine and didnt need anything for the rest of the cruise.

The cabin stewards will give you Bonine. You can get it from the purser's desk too. If I was prone to seasickness, don't think I'd have booked a guarantee. :eek: I have been at the front of the ship a couple of times, and you can really feel the motion. I love it. On my last cruise I was in the middle of the ship, and rarely felt any motion in my cabin.

Hello I am not sure of the name of the pills. But I did not get sleepy on them. The E12 deck is the Empress. Which is the 2 or 3rd from the top. The room steward will give you these for free. But I did tip him well for his services.

Hope this helps.

Bonnie

Archived