Royal Princess Aft Suites

bzv143

We have booked an aft suite on Royal Princess and were told that the suite could not accommodate 3 people. Surely there is a sofa bed! Anyone been in one of these suites and can tell me if there is a sofa bed so we can bring our son. THANKS!!! :)

As far as I can see on the Deck Plans for the Royal Princess, the only aft suites which can accommodate a 3rd Person are those on Deck 7 - Owners Suites.
This is correct. If you look at the deck plans, there's a triangle that designates whether the cabin can accommodate a 3rd person. The Deck 7 suites are the only ones with a triangle. The other aft suites do not have a triangle which means that they have a couch but it's not a sleeper. You can't add a third person to a cabin that is designated for only two, regardless of the age of the third person. Which suite did you book?

Just because there is a sofa does not mean it will be a sleeper sofa. Remember, the Royal, Pacific and Tahitian Princesses were originally built and furnished for the now defunct Renaissance cruise lines, not for Princess. I am booked on the Pacific in a minisuite (which includes a sofa) and the deck plans denote it as only holding two persons.

Just because there is a sofa does not mean it will be a sleeper sofa. Remember, the Royal, Pacific and Tahitian Princesses were originally built and furnished for the now defunct Renaissance cruise lines, not for Princess. I am booked on the Pacific in a minisuite (which includes a sofa) and the deck plans denote it as only holding two persons.
FYI, the Royal Princess doesn't have mini-suites -- only the Owners Suites and Penthouse.

We have booked an aft suite on Royal Princess and were told that the suite could not accommodate 3 people. Surely there is a sofa bed! Anyone been in one of these suites and can tell me if there is a sofa bed so we can bring our son. THANKS!!! :)

Is it to late to change cabins?

Jan

FWIW, I was in 6088 on the Royal last summer, and I'm about 90% sure that the sofa was *not* a sofa bed (I vaguely remember checking, because I'd heard the room would only book 2). And I also do not believe that the bed could convert to twins.

Aft end of the Royal vibrates like crazy (at least on deck 6) when the ship goes above about 16 knots.

FYI, the Royal Princess doesn't have mini-suites -- only the Owners Suites and Penthouse.

I realize that... I was just pointing out the fact that I am in a cabin on a sister ship that has a couch as well but only sleeps two so not all sofas are sleeper sofas.

I realize that... I was just pointing out the fact that I am in a cabin on a sister ship that has a couch as well but only sleeps two so not all sofas are sleeper sofas.
Yup. Didn't mean to step on your toes. Just wanted to point out that the Royal isn't the same as the Tahitian or Pacific Princess in case the OP thinks they could get a mini-suite on the Royal. :)

We've been on a couple of the former R-ships - the Royal and Pacific Princesses. For the cabins designated for 2 people, the sofas on these ships really are loveseats and certainly are not sofa beds. They are not suitable for sleeping. They're not particularly comfortable for napping either.

Also, you need to be careful with certain cabins which have adjoining doors. These cabins don't have sofas at all, but have an upholstered chair. A sofa would block the door to the adjoining cabin. There are a number of these cabins on the former R-ships.

Jim

FWIW, I was in 6088 on the Royal last summer, and I'm about 90% sure that the sofa was *not* a sofa bed (I vaguely remember checking, because I'd heard the room would only book 2). And I also do not believe that the bed could convert to twins.

Aft end of the Royal vibrates like crazy (at least on deck 6) when the ship goes above about 16 knots.

You so right about the vibration, we were in 6088 in November on the T/A. It was perfect if we only did around 13 knots, but the faster the ship goes, the more it vibrates. Perhaps they have worked on the engines so that the clanging in the mornings and the vibrations have been fixed.

We would not want a suite on the Royal again. However, maybe the aft suites on the upper decks, do not have the vibration.

Linda

You so right about the vibration, we were in 6088 in November on the T/A. It was perfect if we only did around 13 knots, but the faster the ship goes, the more it vibrates. Perhaps they have worked on the engines so that the clanging in the mornings and the vibrations have been fixed.

We would not want a suite on the Royal again. However, maybe the aft suites on the upper decks, do not have the vibration.

Linda

Did you notice the screws in the ceiling? Those are courtesy of Piper and me. :D We couldn't stand it one night, and called for help - unfortunately, it took a LONG time (I'm thinking a couple of hours :mad: ) for it to get done, and then the squeaking was still bad from the ceiling. Luckily, it was only so bad the one night.

Archived