Atrium Cabins on QM2

ilovhywd

We're new to Cunard, although, as you can see by my number of posts, we're not new to Cruise Critic!

Can someone please describe an atrium cabin on the QM2? What exactly does it look out on? Is it a desirable cabin to book?

Is it larger than a typical inside or outside cabin? What is the configuration? Can anyone provide a link to a photo of an atrium cabin?

Any help would be appreciated, as we have to make a decision soon.

Thank you!

The atrium cabins are very similar to the standard inside cabin. The location of the bed is different due to the window.

The window looks down at the lobby. Foward is a large piece of artwork depicting the ship. Aft are two glass elevators that go from the lobby up to the Kings Court buffet. Across are another set of cabins.

The window lets in light and it is interesting to look down at the lobby occasionally. It is not something that you will want to do for hours.

The only real downside to these cabins is having to keep in mind that the cabins across the way and the passengers going up and down in the elevators can see into the room. Therefore, one must make judicious use of the shades.

We had an atrium cabin on the May 10th crossing. The cabin is very nice and you did have to keep your blinds closed as they are very open to the outside elevators and cabins across the way. When the blinds are closed the cabin is very dark and you sleep very well and long. I would book another atrium cabin without hesitation.

We understand it now!

Shippmates: Did you write a trip report or post your thoughts on your recent cruise? We would be interested in hearing more about your trip!

This is our first trans-Atlantic without any ports, so we are looking forward to participating in the ship's varied activities.

Ilene

We also had an atrium cabin on our TA and liked it very much - the window gave the feeling of light even though there was no view. We found the cabin more than adequate for the 2 of us - on our other cruises we have always had a balcony cabin but didn't see the need on a TA. Our kids' inside cabins on RCCL have seemed tiny and dark to us but they truly use it just to sleep and shower so it works out fine (and saves a lot of $$).

For our Canada/NE cruise in Sept we have a hull balcony - pulling into and out of ports is one of our favorite parts of cruising and this is a 5 port cruise so back to a balcony. I know the hull will block our view if sitting but I don't think that will happen much because of the itinerary.

We're new to Cunard, although, as you can see by my number of posts, we're not new to Cruise Critic!

Can someone please describe an atrium cabin on the QM2? What exactly does it look out on? Is it a desirable cabin to book?

Is it larger than a typical inside or outside cabin? What is the configuration? Can anyone provide a link to a photo of an atrium cabin?

Any help would be appreciated, as we have to make a decision soon.

Thank you!

Hi -we stayed in an Atrium Cabin on QM2 - attached are some pics for you:

Cabin 5118:

1147388434046097424S600x600Q85.jpg 1147388393046097424S600x600Q85.jpg

These windows are atrium cabins looking into the Lobby:

1147385189046097424S600x600Q85.jpg 1147384825046097424S600x600Q85.jpg

• 2 months later...

I had an atrium cabin on QM2 recentlty, and the bed was a King size and could not be arranged as two single beds under the window.

Size wise,not mauch difference to regular inside cabins, the window does let in light, but as a previous poster has remarked, you will have to use the shades, or you will be exposed to public view.

I did not notice any noise from the atrium, it was quieter in my atrium cabin than in my last inside next to the laundry.

Hi Jimsgirl,

Did you like the atrium cabin? Did you spend any time looking out of the window watching people go by or was it more that you felt you had to keep your blinds pulled most of the time? Would you book one the next time you go? I know that the atrium cabin was an up-grade so were you pleased with it?

KEEP IN TOUCH.:)

Poodlesmom

Hullo Gail

Yes the atrium was an upgrade, and I was pleased with it. Would I book an atrium again, well as you know (and as I have written in answer to to Middle class widow) I book only the least expensive cabins, so price wise I am unlikely to have another atrium unless it is a free upgrade, but that is only because of the price.

I enjoyed the cruise as always. I did miss all the wonderful group who were on the March trip, but found others whose company I enjoyed. There were a few glitches (no rep or transport at the aiport, no transport for the port - though I did find a spare seat on the bus and got there that way - after all Cunard were supposed to provide this so I was not cheating).

Write to me at rafex1@earthlink.net and I will elaborate more if Edslo did not send you a copy of my E Mails.

Regards as always

Lynn

Archived