How much do you tip the kids crew leaders?

hazeleyes35

On the last night, where you signed the children in, they had a very nice (and not "in your face") container where you could drop an envelope with tips for the staff; no individual tips. We tipped $50 (it might have been $60) for our 4 and 5 year old daughters that were in the same age-group. They attended about two hours each evening after dinner, and on sea days, they attended one or two hours after breakfast, as well.

My best experience has been on Celebrity and I have always tipped them $ 100 to be pooled with the whole staff. That would be for a 10 night cruise with one child.

However, I didn't tip on Disney since we were paying such high rates for a three night cruise- which I felt was a fee paid upfront.

On Royal Caribbean I didn't feel inclined to tip because the cruise staff wasn't all that personable.

On Princess I tipped $ 100 for a 7-night because my son got alot of individual attention and I really appreciated that.

On Cunard I tipped for the seven night transatlantic $100 but on the four nighters I didn't and there is no good reason why I didn't. Maybe I just was "impressed".

I really think it is a personal thing and if you feel that your child was treated fantastically then tip. If you feel like it was just a jungle with not any special treatment- then don't. That's what tips are for.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it really depends on the staff. Last Princess cruise - 7 days - my 3 yr old daughter was in the kids club approx. 2 -3 hours a day. They were absolutely wonderful with her. She received lots of attention. I wore shorts with a snap and a zipper on her one day. She had an accident because she couldn't get them down in time. They paged us. When we arrived, they had made her a "custom" long dress out of a teen-sized t-shirt. They were so kind about the incident, I really appreciated their attitude. My little girl said. "I had an accident and my teacher said - that's ok! I'll make you a special dress until your mom gets here." I tipped them $100.

Generally, we tip $50 for 7 days.

Archived