Crown Princess Questions

mrcruzer

Hi there all,

Now, I'm totally aware that the questions I'm about to ask are probably commonly answered however i've done a little digging and haven't found the answers to my questions.

And please forgive me if I've asked a similar/same question before, as the info has totally slipped my mind!:confused::o

I have a few questions about the Crown Princess:

1. Since there is the sanctuary located forward near the lotus pool & spa area, is the terrace pool (& area) for all to use, or is it just adults only as well?
  2. Is there ping pong tables onboard Crown Princess?
  3. Is there a video Arcade for youth onboard?
  4. How is the food quality in the two "Anytime Dining" dining rooms?
  5. How is Cafe Caribe set up? (I.e. is it a buffet? what kind of foods are available)
  6. How is the passenger flow? is the large number of passengers noticeable?
  7. When booking a mini-suite, what perks could we look forward to for a 7-night Cruise?

Thanks in advance, and I'm sorry for the likely repeat questions!

MC.

Hi there all,

Now, I'm totally aware that the questions I'm about to ask are probably commonly answered however i've done a little digging and haven't found the answers to my questions.

And please forgive me if I've asked a similar/same question before, as the info has totally slipped my mind!:confused::o

I have a few questions about the Crown Princess:

1. Since there is the sanctuary located forward near the lotus pool & spa area, is the terrace pool (& area) for all to use, or is it just adults only as well?

Terrace Pool is adults Only, Pool near the Spa is adults only too.

1. Is there ping pong tables onboard Crown Princess?

Yes.

1. Is there a video Arcade for youth onboard?

There are some games in the teen area.

1. How is the food quality in the two "Anytime Dining" dining rooms?

Excellent.

1. How is Cafe Caribe set up? (I.e. is it a buffet? what kind of foods are available)

It is set up at the rear of the Horizon Court and has themed dinnners throughout the week, IE Barvarian etc.

1. How is the passenger flow? is the large number of passengers noticeable?

Not to us, we loved it.

1. When booking a mini-suite, what perks could we look forward to for a 7-night Cruise?

Not many other then the extra space, welcome glass of champagne

Thanks in advance, and I'm sorry for the likely repeat questions!

MC.

The Crown is a fantastic choice. :)

Thank you for your positive replies!

I think she's sounding like an excellent ship.

Do you get priority embarkation in Ft. Lauderdale when in a mini-suite?

No priority embarkation for a mini-suite. Only suites and Platinum/Elite get these features. Dont worry though, Princess does well with Embarkation in Ft. Lauderdale IMO. You will be enjoying your mini-suite in no time.

Ah, okay. Well, I'll take your word for it!

Actually truth be told, we found Princess to be very efficient with embarkation in LA as well, so perhaps they just have a good system down.

Does Crown Princess suffer much movement in the wind, due to it's height?

Didn't detect any unusual movement, the ship has excellent stabilizers. We did get into some heavy weather when the pools had to be closed, but that's due to pitching more than rolling.

Steve

Thats good to know.

Got a few "landlubbers" who just can't take the motion very well, so hoping to select a vessel with minimum swaying in the wind.

How is the staff onboard Crown relative to other Princess ships?

In my experience, the staff on the Crown was excellent.

Just an FYI about Anytime Dining - you are eating the exact same food as in traditional dining. There is no difference in the food. You are simply eating in a different dining room.

If you are traveling with people who are concerned about movement, they should look for a mid ship cabin on a lower deck, regardless of the ship you are sailing. In those cabins you will feel the least amount of movement.

I remember Alex trying to get us to play ping-pong @ the Neptune Pool.

The Cafe Caribe is a buffet, smaller than the Horizon Court.

Steve

We are sailing the Crown this year for the first time. If it's anything like the Emerald, the ping pong table is on the deck above the pool right in the aisle. Seemed a little weird. Hard to play there. We asked why they weren't on the same deck as the pool like most of their ships, and were told that people in the cabins below were complaining of the noise. We love playing ping pong, and really enjoyed the tournaments they had on the Sun and the Dawn. Too hard to play on the Emerald IMHO.

So, for someone who has sailed the Crown, where exactly are the ping pong tables?

We played ping pong on the crown near the pool close to where they serve pizza. There were at least 2 tables may have been 4. They had some ping pong tournaments going on during the day too. The Movies outside is cool.

Great ship!

If you're lucky you may get to see the baseball playoffs +/- World Series in the MUTS. This October they scheduled some movie instead of the final game. The Red Sox & Colorado fans threatened a mutiny & the World Series was shown under the stars.

Steve

Archived