Night before the cruise accomodations Ft Lauderdale

gettingmarried

Looking for a hotel with port shuttle that allows 14 days of parking. Lots of places say they offer parking, but squeeze you after 4 of 7 days.

Thanks for help...

Wendy

We've stayed at the Renaissance by Marriott right across the street from the port entrance and Mom and Dad just got back from a one-night stay at the La Quinta near FLL. Both were quite clean; back in '05 Renaissance was running, in April, at < $200 per night. La Quinta, for this past March, was < $200 per night.

For our upcoming February '09 cruise we booked the Marriott Courtyard (just west of 95, I think) mentioned by a previous poster. Free shuttle from FLL to the property and free shuttle from the property to the cruise port (although we'll spring for a cab to be on our own timetable). Room was <$200 per night through Travelocity. Renaissance was > $300 once you included tax.

Before paying $200/night for a hotel room, I would definitely go to biddingfortravel.com and check out the "Hotel List" for FLL, then read the latest rates and hotels others are winning on priceline.com. Here is a direct link for FLL hotels:

http://biddingfortravel.yuku.com/forums/30/t/Florida-Fort-Lauderdale.html

If you have never used priceline to bid on a room, you should also read the FAQ section of the biddingfortravel website:

http://biddingfortravel.yuku.com/forums/9/t/Hotels.html

Just watch out WHERE the place you're staying is. We once had a TA book a "nice place just a little ways down the shore". On the map it didn't look far from the pier. But that was as the crow flies. Real roads require a scenic tour of the seemlier side of Ft. Lauderdale. It was cheaper, but we lost every penny and then some for the cab fees to get to/from the place, going what had to be the Great Circle Route .

So, that extra high cost room might not be that expensive, especially if shuttle service is included for you and your luggage...

The thought of booking a star category on Priceline rather than a specific hotel makes me nervous. If you end up paying high taxi costs you might end up paying more in the long run. One highly recommended hotel told me I could pay $30 for taxi each way. I want to know where I am staying before I hand out my credit card number.

Anyone here had a bad experience with Priceline?

The thought of booking a star category on Priceline rather than a specific hotel makes me nervous. If you end up paying high taxi costs you might end up paying more in the long run. One highly recommended hotel told me I could pay $30 for taxi each way. I want to know where I am staying before I hand out my credit card number.

Anyone here had a bad experience with Priceline?

I got 2 rooms at the Renaissance on 17th for $68 each last year. Priceline divides FLL into regions. Biddingfortravel tells you which hotels Priceline uses. Bid only 4* or "resort" and you can't go wrong. Never had a bad experience with Priceline...used it 6-7 times in the past but I always did my research on biddinfortravel first. Advantages: rooms about 1/2 listed rates, hotel doesn't know what you paid. On the down side...you can't cancel, you prepay, no guarantee of great room view.

I got 2 rooms at the Renaissance on 17th for $68 each last year. Priceline divides FLL into regions. Biddingfortravel tells you which hotels Priceline uses. Bid only 4* or "resort" and you can't go wrong. Never had a bad experience with Priceline...used it 6-7 times in the past but I always did my research on biddinfortravel first. Advantages: rooms about 1/2 listed rates, hotel doesn't know what you paid. On the down side...you can't cancel, you prepay, no guarantee of great room view.

Thanks for the input. I wish you could book bid on a specific hotel. No doubt we will stay at our old standby.

What time of year was this - it does make a difference

- even on priceline. You won't even get close to a two star with this kind of bid Dec through March.

Ron

What time of year was this - it does make a difference

- even on priceline. You won't even get close to a two star with this kind of bid Dec through March.

Ron

What are the best prices people have gotten for the end of March?

What are the best prices people have gotten for the end of March?

If you go HERE: http://biddingfortravel.yuku.com/forums/30/t/Florida-Fort-Lauderdale.html

you can read what others have posted as winning bids and which hotel they got. If you don't see any recent March winning bids, you can page back through the post and see what was won for March of this year. Priceline only works when there is extra room inventory. Peak season will make it more difficult as expected.

I can't believe there is any debate here. The Hyatt Place-North is great for $99 thru valuetrips! Check out the rooms....http://ftlauderdaleairport.place.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/place/index.jsp

(take the photo tour or photo gallery)

If you can beat this hotel for $99, then I apologize. Previously Amerisuites but Hyatt has done a great job with the renovation. Great location. FREE transfers. FREE breakfast. FREE internet. They pipe in a floral scent into the cool lobby...reminds me of Hawaii. On the down side, not beachfront but a great find for pre/post hotel cruise stay. Next door to Grumpy Gators and shares the parking lot with Outback. Located directly behind Embassy Suites...Do they have rooms for $99?

I just checked it for early January and it is $456 per night, that's obscene. I am going to try Priceline.

I just checked it for early January and it is $456 per night, that's obscene. I am going to try Priceline.

Let us know what you end up with, Putterdude.

That "bidding....." sight is interesting. Thanks Rowtyd .

Something must have happened, like a convention/group booked at the Hyatt Place. I checked it, along with Embassy Suites around the corner, for December 31-January 2 before our next cruise. The Hyatt place was just under the Embassy Suites rates of $200 per night a few weeks ago, but now I am seeing the same $456 per night price that you are getting.

I had picked the Embassy Suites as for a little bit more, we could get a full breakfast and managers cocktail party, and we have always liked the Embassy Suites more than any other hotel.

I live 20 minutes from Port Everglades. Once 11/1 comes rates go very high. Also be aware that the largest boat show in the country is in Fort Lauderdale the week before Halloween (usually) and it encompasses the weekend. You will have a very hard time finding any rooms during this time frame. Christmas and New Years are also the highest priced. Usually around Jan 5 or so rates will come down a little. I've been living here for almost 25 years and one of my best friends is a property manager and she keeps me up on what's going on.

Priceline is what she recommends for the best prices. You can see what hotels are being received by bidders by using the link that Rowdytd posted above.

We recently stayed at the Hyatt Regency Pier 66. What a great location, great rooms and a beautiful pool and lounge area. Our vacation started the minute we arrived. Morning of the cruise you can walk down to the water and watch the ships arriving for the days cruises. Rates can be steep but plenty of internet deals. We found one of $109. About a $6 -10 cab ride to the Cruise port.

http://www.pier66.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp?src=tig_brand_ftlhp_google

We recently stayed at the Hyatt Regency Pier 66. What a great location, great rooms and a beautiful pool and lounge area. Our vacation started the minute we arrived. Morning of the cruise you can walk down to the water and watch the ships arriving for the days cruises. Rates can be steep but plenty of internet deals. We found one of $109. About a $6 -10 cab ride to the Cruise port.

http://www.pier66.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp?src=tig_brand_ftlhp_google

That does look like the perfect place! Unfortunately, the cheapest rate for the night I require is $379. I have a booking at the Ramada Airport for $119 (which I could easily cancel with no penalty). The difference would pay for one port excursion for two.

Well, maybe I will keep watching for internet deal at the Hyatt. You never know. Watching for deals is half the fun.

Thanks for the info:)

the name of the mom n pop place that I am staying at this year is Sea Breeze Resort. There are mixed reviews but since I am only sleeping there for one night and have my own car, I figured it would work. There are tile floors so that cuts down on a lot of the filth factor that you can find in higher priced hotels. My room is only 50.00 a night, more money to spend on the cruise:D

We got a great room rate of $119.00 for the WESTIN DIPLOMAT for December on HOTWIRE.COM. The Westin is a architecurally spectacular hotel on the beach in Hollywood. There is no shuttle and its not next to the port...but that works out well for us because there a lot less hassle getting out of the hotel on the morning of the cruise. Lets face it, if Im going to spend $20.00 on a drink on the cruise Im not going to mind spending that on a taxi to get me there in the first place.

Last year in September I booked the Embassy Suites at a rate of $189.00. I always keep checking to see if the rates change and sure enough about a week before sailing the rates changed to $120.00. You could always book with the right to cancel and keep checking the prices.

Archived