mid-July or mid-August 08? Don't want excursions to be sold out.

buttah75

Due to our schedules, we are now considering a last minute mid-JULY Alaska trip (one-way Whittier or Vancouver) rather than mid-August.

My concern is we'll find some must-do excursions sold out already. I know it's only a month's difference, and both are very soon, but I wondered if August would make any difference in finding space on excursions. Obviously I have to book the trip first.

Secondly, I keep reading about White Pass Railway AND dog-sledding tours in Skagway. Is it possible to do both? I suppose not.

Advice appreciated.

it's likely you know when in July you are looking at going??? Then inquire now if space is open on the tours you are looking at?? If you are just looking at the White Pass RR and not an extended road tour, then, most likely you would be able to do the two tours.

There are also dog-sledding tours out of Juneau and Seward. I believe I have read that the dog tours out of Seward are the least cancelled.

I also suggest you just call the tour operators for some July dates and check on availability. That should not take long to figure out.

We would be going August 9th, but thanks! (Or July 12). It's just hard to see which has more excursions available when I haven't yet spent enough time researching excursions to know which ones we want!

Archived