Eurodam - Copenhagen Hotels ?

James, the Scandic is a modern hotel on the newer outskirts of town, as I recall. Not a lot of atmosphere from the outside (I've never seen the inside). Permit me to suggest the Admiral Hotel, which is, in fact, a short taxi drive from the quay where the ships dock. We've stayed there twice and loved it. It's an old stone warehouse made into a modern hotel. The location is wonderful, as is that section of Copenhagen! It's near Nyhavn, which used to be the red-light district and is now a fabulous cafe area and people-watching place. With only one night, though, I guess you'll be deciding whether to just relax or visit Tivoli Gardens. If you'd like to unwind from the flight by walking along the quay to the Little Mermaid and enjoying the nautical atmosphere, you can't beat the Admiral. Now I'm getting "homesick" for Copenhagen. Have a wonderful cruise! Northern Europe is unforgettable.

A strong second for the Admiral Hotel! It's close to almost everything including the pier.

While in Nyhavn, have a lunch or a dinner at Cap Horn restaurant, especially if you are a fish lover. Or Restaurant Els, if game is your thing...

There are 2 SAS hotels, one near Tivoli. Neither are outrageously priced and both are excellent.

If you want to save money you can try the Palace Hotel. It has been bought by Le Meridien (Starwood Hotel) and is currently being upgraded to 5 stars. As it is a work in progress you can expect reduced rates (and unfortunately, construction). It also is near Tivoli - in fact, is well located indeed.

We stayed at the Scandic through HAL. Right next to the aquarium and not far from Tivoli Gardens. It was expensive. The rooms were very nice, obviously Danish modern. The included breakfast buffet was fabulous.

• 3 weeks later...

A very strong recommendation for the Admiral Hotel at Nyhaven it is such a wonderful experience we stayed there several years ago over Xmas and we were actually given the honeymoon suite (I had told them it was our wedding anniversary)

The service, ambience and location were 1st class and the fact that the hotel is in a 200-year-old grain-drying warehouse dating back from 1787 is even more remarkable.

Wonderfull little restaurants and shops on the waterfront and an easy walk to the "Stroget"

I am sure there are more 'upmarket' hotels in Copenhagen but this was so romantic and wonderful I would return without hesitaion.

Actually we come in to Copenhagen twice on our 25th April 2009 Eurodam cruise so if we decided to stay in Copenhagen a night before flying to Italy we will definetly stay there.

Cheers,

Cristiano

http://www.admiralhotel.dk/Forside-1.aspx

What hotels does HAL use in COPENHAGEN?

We are going on the JULY 25 th cruise and just staying one night before we board the ship.

JIM

Hi James:

FYI...here is a great thread ALL about Copenhagen...hotels, etc.

Barb

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=790182

Archived