Not Sure Which Flight To Choose

mammie

I have a choice between a 11:05am flight from Fort Lauderdale to Boston:confused: , or wait until a 3pm flight. :mad: We are cruising on the Splendor Jan. 24. One sounds early, and the other one could mean hours in the airport.

thanks

Mammie

If you are doing self disembark, chances are very good the earlier flight will be fine.

We were to the airport in Ft. Lauderdale by 8 am :( and my flight wasnt until 12:30 pm and the earlier flights were sold out so I couldnt bump up on stand by because I didnt know about checking luggage on which flight.

11:05 flight would be a crap shoot in my opinion. I hate waiting around airports but my experiences in Ft Lauderdale have been real slow process at the airport. Been almost 2 years since through there so maybe they have improved. I would be uncomfortable with flight before 1:00 coming off a cruise at any port. Cruise could be late docking, port authorities could be slow clearing ship, luggage hard to find (carrying off would eliminate this). But you get the picture-Lot of chances to cause missed flight, especially considering Homeland Security now.

I'd chose 3pm and take an Everglades Tour! That's why we picked a 6:15pm flight. I always wanted to ride an airboat since I was a kid and watched Flipper!:D

Awesome, I thought that was sooooooooooooo fun. Im a big kid.

I would go for the 3 PM. Why end your great re;axing vacation rushing or worrying to catch a flight? I had this happen to me once (some people on our ship even missed the flight) and vowed never to do it again - not worth it.

DaveOKC

We had a 11:45 flight in December and had plenty of time. We were coming back from a 10 day Princess on a Sunday and wanted to get home, had to go to work the next day. The first time we left from Ft. Lauderdale we had a 1pm flight, too much time waiting at the airport. This was a 3000 passenger ship with 7 ship in port that morning, about the worst conditions there could be and we were at the airport around 9. The only thing you would have to worry about is nyour ship not getting into port on time.

This Jan daughter and I were on the Miracle and had an 1130 am flight out of FL. We did self VIP and were in the airport by 8 am and were in the air at 9 am. Home before our original flight at 1130 even took off.

Archived