Previous Carnival Cruiser needs help

WWCJR

We need information to help us make a decision on a cruise next year during spring break. My DW and I are planning to take our son and his wife with us on a cruise. It will be the first cruise for both of them. Since she is a teacher it must occur during spring break. Due to scheduling requirements we will be limited to cruises from Galveston. The choices are Carnival Conquest 7 night Eastern Caribbean cruise, Carnival Ecstasy 5 night Western Caribbean cruise, or Royal Caribbean Voyager Of The Seas 7 night Western Caribbean cruise. Any of these are okay with us, but we are looking for the one that be more relaxing for us.

We have cruised on Carnival and Princess with Princess being our favorite. We have found no matter which cruise line the shorter cruises attract a younger crowd that seems to do more partying and drinking (to excess). Since it will be over spring break wonder which of the three would maybe have less partying/drinking. We don't mind drinking and will probably down a few ourselves.

Thanks for anyone that can give their experiences on these ships during spring break.

I can't help you with Galveston. But my sister, daughters and I took a spring break cruise with Carnival out of Mobile this spring. I was very surprised at the family friendly atmosphere. I am not a drinker and was concerned about cruising during spring break but on the Holiday, we did not have any problems at all.

Iv been on Voyager of the Seas and Ecstasy, no comparison in the ships. I have Conquest booked (twice) coming up. (Iv also done Princess Grand and Rhapsoday out of Galveston).

Voyager is really a beautiful ship, but early pricing is high. There are some coupons for C&A for most weeks next spring, you might check there. The elevators are glassed in on the back all the way up and down.

Picture240.jpg

The promenade was ok, but the best part was the cafe was right up the stairs from our OV cabin and the pizza came out of the oven piping hot, not sitting around and they have all kinds of fruit, cookies, desserts, sandwiches there if you dont want to go all the way up to the buffet. Turned out to be our favorite hang out at night for a snack.

We are planning another last minute on Voyager next spring. Of course that doesnt mean Im not doing Carnival too, but Voyager was really beautiful.

I think you will love either Conquest or Voyager best, Ecstasy is such a bargain, but you need to be aware fewer food choices than Conquest, no Sur Mer, and not a regular sushi place etc.

We sailed this past Dec on the Conquest. It was fabulous. Good mix of people. I would definately go with a 7 day cruise. The shorter ones tend to have a more younger party crowd during spring break. Just my opinion though.

We need information to help us make a decision on a cruise next year during spring break. My DW and I are planning to take our son and his wife with us on a cruise. It will be the first cruise for both of them. Since she is a teacher it must occur during spring break. Due to scheduling requirements we will be limited to cruises from Galveston. The choices are Carnival Conquest 7 night Eastern Caribbean cruise, Carnival Ecstasy 5 night Western Caribbean cruise, or Royal Caribbean Voyager Of The Seas 7 night Western Caribbean cruise. Any of these are okay with us, but we are looking for the one that be more relaxing for us.

We have cruised on Carnival and Princess with Princess being our favorite. We have found no matter which cruise line the shorter cruises attract a younger crowd that seems to do more partying and drinking (to excess). Since it will be over spring break wonder which of the three would maybe have less partying/drinking. We don't mind drinking and will probably down a few ourselves.

Thanks for anyone that can give their experiences on these ships during spring break.

My wife and I went on the Voyager of the Seas this year during spring break and it was an excellent cruise. The only real complaint that I had was at night the kids would ride the elevators and it was hard to catch one. It did not seem like there were a lot of them on there because they were kept busy with the teen club and their activities. There were approximately 1,700 under 18 on our cruise (total pax 3700). It was the absolutely the best cruise we have been on.

One thing you may think of is that these ships fill with mostly Texans and if she is a school teacher she may see students on the cruise with her.

My feelings are any day at sea is better than a day at work.

Archived