Fun Ship $ ??????

lv2snorkel

When you purchase fun ship $ and have them credited to your booking # how and when do they show up? Will they show as an onboard credit on your docs or only after boarding and if so what documentation does Carnival send you? Thanks for the help. Katie

We purchased some for a friend for our last cruise and we were sent a certificate and she took it to the purser's desk when we boarded the ship and they credited her ship account at that time. We placed her booking number in the request, but they still sent a paper gift certificate.

Do I have to call Carnival directly to purchase Fun Ship dollars or can I do it at their website? Also, how do I go about paying my tips ahead of time? I've read on several posts where people say they took care of their tips before they even sailed. I would love to do this. One less charge on my ship account, more DoDs for me!

I asked this question recently and no one could, or would, answer.. I recently paid the balance for an upcoming cruise for 4 people with a $500 certificate. The balance was $377.80. So I now have a credit in the amount of $122.20. This is what it looks like when I view my booking on Carnival's site. I sent the certificate in and the balance was paid and the credit showed a few days later. It's kinda funny, because it's just added to the balance and shows an increased total. Plus, the title, "Booking charge/credit" is kind of misleading. Makes you think it's an additional charge or something. It would be nice if it said something like "on-board credit" and showed the amount in parentheses, so you would know it is a negative balance, and then have a total that showed the negative balance. Maybe I'm just being too picky..

Cruise Rate $269.00 $269.00 $129.00 $129.00 - $796.00

Miscellaneous Charges $35.45 $35.45 $35.45 $35.45 - $141.80

Fuel Supplement $20.00 $20.00 $0 $0 - $40.00

Booking Charge/Credit - - - - - $122.20

Vacation Protection Plan - - - - - -

TOTAL $324.45 $324.45 $164.45 $164.45 $1100.00

Do I have to call Carnival directly to purchase Fun Ship dollars or can I do it at their website? Also, how do I go about paying my tips ahead of time? I've read on several posts where people say they took care of their tips before they even sailed. I would love to do this. One less charge on my ship account, more DoDs for me!

You can change your tips to pre-paid on Carnivals site. Or you can buy the funsip dollars and send them in to cover your tips. You can also just call Carnival and transfer money from a debit or credit card directly to your sail and sign account. I think you have to call to purchase the certificates..

Kujobie, I think I had the same problem that you did on yesterday. I have been adding money to my S&S account for several months now since my cruise for the Glory in August has been paid off since March. I have been watching the cruise fares and sales to see if I could get an extra discount or upgrade since I booked using the military rate. My account had $525.00 in credits listed before I made the call. I agreed to pay the extra $100.00 to go from the Riviera IS to a Main or Upper IS. The agent asked me if I wanted to use my OBC to pay for the room and I said yes, since I can add it back later. She went to make the changes and told me I owed them $24.57. She told me the $525.00 was not listed. I told her my cruise had been paid off for months, that I added the money to the S&S and I could fax or email the receipts from Carnival. She went to inform her Supv. that I put the money on the S&S/OBC and to see what happened to it. Apparently the fun ship dollars/OBC that I bought were transferred to my OBC and could not be used to pay for the room upgrades, a "different department" took hold of the money and it was being sent to my S&S Account and were no longer being listed as credits (This mad my head spin to try to understand this and sent my blood pressure soaring). After being on the phone with them for an hour, they found the money, allowed me use part of it to pay for the upgrade and gave me an IS on the Empress Deck for the $70.00 total. I couldnt talk them into give me an OCV or Balcony for the hassle though. LOL

You can purchase funship dollars online. All you have to do is instead of putting your address in the address block, put in your booking number. Then it will show up as obc.:D

:confused:

You can purchase funship dollars online. All you have to do is instead of putting your address in the address block, put in your booking number. Then it will show up as obc.:D

:confused: :confused: OK, I'm new. 1st cruise will be in August. I don't understand the reason for purchasing funship dollars in advance ???????? Please explain.

Seems like the cruise line has your $ for awhile, and probably doing overnight investing and making profits. If you got a few extra $ and want to save it to pay for the on board extras, why not put it in your own savings (or brokerage) account and make some money for yourself ????

So, by putting the booking number in when purchasing fun ship $, it will start like crediting my S&S card for my cruise. When I arrive at the terminal and get my S&S card they won't have to get my credit card from me or more cash unless I want to give them those, right?

We are taking my daughters best friend on the cruise with us in July and her mom bought funship dollars for her to use while on the cruise. It basically is replacing her having to have a credit card attached to her S&S card. So she will only need cash for in port.

You can not use them to pay gratuities (at least it states this on the website)

You can find them by doing a search on CCL website- I found them by searching "fun ship dollars".

When I tried this it wanted city and state what do I put:confused:

:confused:

:confused: :confused: OK, I'm new. 1st cruise will be in August. I don't understand the reason for purchasing funship dollars in advance ???????? Please explain.

Seems like the cruise line has your $ for awhile, and probably doing overnight investing and making profits. If you got a few extra $ and want to save it to pay for the on board extras, why not put it in your own savings (or brokerage) account and make some money for yourself ????

first, I can't save. It is a character flaw but at least I recognize it. I have a need and a desire to spend every cent I make. Will I regret it in my old age... Of course.. but for now I just accept who I am.

Secondly, I have a SeaMiles credit that gives me double points for Carnival purchases. Since I pay this cc in full each month I try to buy as many funship dollars as I can afford each month. The few cents I may make on saving this money is far less than the peace of mind I have knowing I can't spend those funship dollars anywhere but on my cruise.

So, by putting the booking number in when purchasing fun ship $, it will start like crediting my S&S card for my cruise. When I arrive at the terminal and get my S&S card they won't have to get my credit card from me or more cash unless I want to give them those, right?
It will depend on how much you have as an on board credit. It is just easier to give them your CC at the begining of the cruise

We are taking my daughters best friend on the cruise with us in July and her mom bought funship dollars for her to use while on the cruise. It basically is replacing her having to have a credit card attached to her S&S card. So she will only need cash for in port.

You can not use them to pay gratuities (at least it states this on the website)

You can find them by doing a search on CCL website- I found them by searching "fun ship dollars".

What you can't do is use the paper certificate like cash to pay gratuities unless you put them on your account, however when you purchase online it is money in the bank and can be used for everything onboard:D

When I tried this it wanted city and state what do I put:confused:
Booking number for the address line then your city and state as per normal.

The reason some people do this is there is nothing like the feeling at looking at your balance on the first day cruising and seeing a negative balance. The amount of interest you would make in a savings account is very small. The feeling you get every time you purchase funship dollars for an upcoming cruise makes you feel that much closer to your holiday.:D

It will depend on how much you have as an on board credit. It is just easier to give them your CC at the begining of the cruise

What you can't do is use the paper certificate like cash to pay gratuities unless you put them on your account, however when you purchase online it is money in the bank and can be used for everything onboard:D

Booking number for the address line then your city and state as per normal.

The reason some people do this is there is nothing like the feeling at looking at your balance on the first day cruising and seeing a negative balance. The amount of interest you would make in a savings account is very small. The feeling you get every time you purchase funship dollars for an upcoming cruise makes you feel that much closer to your holiday.:D

Thank You.

Your Welcome, enjoy your cruise:)

1 more ? when I checked my booking online it was not there, how long does it take to show up? I just only purchased $25.00 to try it out, do want to purchase more.

1 more ? when I checked my booking online it was not there, how long does it take to show up? I just only purchased $25.00 to try it out, do want to purchase more.

It could take 3 business days or more. You should get 2 emails, the first to acknowledge that you have sent in a request for obc and a second to confirm. Keep the second and any other second emails you recieve when you do this and you will have no problem if you have to contact the special program number if you do not see all your credits before you leave on your cruise. Don't panic, you have the credits and you can do this up to 7 days prior to departure.

It could take 3 business days or more. You should get 2 emails, the first to acknowledge that you have sent in a request for obc and a second to confirm. Keep the second and any other second emails you recieve when you do this and you will have no problem if you have to contact the special program number if you do not see all your credits before you leave on your cruise. Don't panic, you have the credits and you can do this up to 7 days prior to departure.

Again, Thank You, I did receive the second email which I did save, so I will now start purchasing more to add to my account, I still have about 5 weeks left until I sail.

I was unable to find this on the Carnival website. Where did you learn to do this? I did find this on Funship Dollar additional terms and conditions:

6) The recipient will be required to mail this certificate to Carnival Cruise Lines at 3655 NW 87th Ave. Miami, Fl 33178 Attn. Special Programs MSRZ 356s. Certificates should only be mailed by certified mail. Carnival is not responsible for lost certificates.

I want to make sure I do this right.

In the address fields enter your booking number in both fields. Enter the city and state as normal. They will show up in three business days on your account/booking information. Carnival always sends a confirmation from Guest Services, so you have nothing to worry about. Also they only allow them to be applied up to two-three weeks before departure.

I was unable to find this on the Carnival website. Where did you learn to do this? I did find this on Funship Dollar additional terms and conditions:

6) The recipient will be required to mail this certificate to Carnival Cruise Lines at 3655 NW 87th Ave. Miami, Fl 33178 Attn. Special Programs MSRZ 356s. Certificates should only be mailed by certified mail. Carnival is not responsible for lost certificates.

I want to make sure I do this right.

I learned all this on this board and had to try it myself on my last cruise, now I'm hooked.. If you have Carnival send you the certificates you can still take them with you and see the pursors desk to have them applied.

Another question in this same line, the bar drink coupons. I saw that you get 4 for $21.75. I figured it up and this is a saving for me because I drink a "drink of the day" called "kiss on the lips" which cost me close to $7 everytime I order one. Will these coupons be placed in my stateroom? Do I just present them at any bar when ordering? I take it gratuity is included already because no cash is used on board at the bars. Has anyone else ever used them and did you find them to be a savings? Just thinking it is another way to have something already paid for before I leave. More money to spend at the ports.

Archived