Orient Beach

Quint

I will be visiting St. Martin in July with my family and wish to go to Orient Beach. However, I want to avoid intrusive nudity. I had read that there was a prohibition against people walking the entire beach nude and into the non-clothing optional area of the beach. Does anyone know if this ban is being enforced?

The Gendarmes had been enforcing the restriction for many months, but since early in 2008 they backed off. However, in my recent 3-week stay at the beach I only saw maybe 2-3 fully nude people strolling the full beach during that entire period.

I've been to Baie Orientale many many times. We usually go to Kakao. I have never sen anything other than topless people (regardless of sex) strolling the beach. Maybe other people are just luckier than me. Of course, I'm there to enjoy the beach, I don't really pay others that much attention.

I will be visiting St. Martin in July with my family and wish to go to Orient Beach. However, I want to avoid intrusive nudity. I had read that there was a prohibition against people walking the entire beach nude and into the non-clothing optional area of the beach. Does anyone know if this ban is being enforced?

Occasionally you will see a topless woman stroll the beach, men in g-string bikinis. :eek:..;)..:p however, they are not completely nude.

That was my experience also. Topless women (not hordes of them) and some g-string men. Wonderful beach and nothing too intrusive. The bodies you do see are real and that was kind of refreshing (to me).

Occasionally you will see a topless woman stroll the beach, men in g-string bikinis. :eek:..;)..:p however, they are not completely nude.

Because not everyone knows, I want to mention that topless women strolling the beach does not fall under the prohibition of "no nude strollers during the peak hours." This is because (optional) topless female sunbathing is allowed on all areas of all beaches on the French side. You'll likely see topless women anywhere along the beach. They might be strolling, playing, swimming, dancing, dining, or lounging. Although, it's doubtful that you'd see them parasailing or on a jetski, but I suppose you never know--I sure wouldn't want to be, um, "bouncing" around topless while parasailing or on a jetski.:p

beachchick

...Although, it's doubtful that you'd see them parasailing or on a jetski, but I suppose you never know--I sure wouldn't want to be, um, "bouncing" around topless while parasailing or on a jetski.:p

beachchick

I've noticed topless women parasailing many times, although infrequently. The "bounce" factor doesn't appear to be an issue, but it certainly deserves much more detailed observation on my part. :) On the other hands, parasailing (even on smoooooth water) would not be a good choice for topless women. It could really rub a person the wrong way. ;)

We went to Orient beach about 3 weeks ago. We were dropped off by Pedro's restaurant by Bernard (great tour BTW). As you face the water, there was quite a bit of TOTAL nudity by both sexes to the right and toplessness all over. There was someone at Pedro's with a cover up that blew away due to the wind and just stood there with nothing on. At least on that part of the beach, you will not be able to avoid nudity.

... On the other hands, parasailing (even on smoooooth water) would not be a good choice for topless women. It could really rub a person the wrong way. ;)

Oops, it should say JETSKI instead of "parasailing".

Diagnosis: Terminal mental vapor lock.

We went to Orient beach about 3 weeks ago. We were dropped off by Pedro's restaurant by Bernard (great tour BTW). As you face the water, there was quite a bit of TOTAL nudity by both sexes to the right and toplessness all over. There was someone at Pedro's with a cover up that blew away due to the wind and just stood there with nothing on. At least on that part of the beach, you will not be able to avoid nudity.

That's because Club Orient is to the right of Pedro's. CO is the fully clothing optional resort. There's a large and famous sign right there at the edge of Pedro's where you walk into the CO property. I'm sure you probably saw it, although you may not have read it.

At least sometimes, there seems to be more toplessness at that end of the beach, perhaps because CO is there and people feel more comfortable with it. You're definitely likely to see some full nudity around Pedro's. (OTOH, if someone from CO wore a coverup, as requested, to stroll the beach and the coverup blew away, there's not a whole lot to do except shrug and not worry about it.)

I've noticed topless women parasailing many times, although infrequently. The "bounce" factor doesn't appear to be an issue, but it certainly deserves much more detailed observation on my part. :) On the other hands, parasailing (even on smoooooth water) would not be a good choice for topless women. It could really rub a person the wrong way. ;)

Yes sir, please do some research on the topless parasailing issue. Detailed attention to it is a must.;)

Oops, it should say JETSKI instead of "parasailing".

Diagnosis: Terminal mental vapor lock.

:D I love it! That's how I often feel. I get the feeling that you and my DH would hit it off because he says those kind of "funnies" frequently (and he politely enjoys the same kind of beach "sights" that I know you do). I knew what you meant...and no way in H that I'd go topless on a jetski, not even if I had less of me to bounce. Ouch!

beachchick

.. I get the feeling that you and my DH would hit it off because he says those kind of "funnies" frequently (and he politely enjoys the same kind of beach "sights" that I know you do). I knew what you meant...and no way in H that I'd go topless on a jetski, not even if I had less of me to bounce. Ouch!

beachchick

Without doubt, we would have great fun at the beach or fav watering hole. And while we're there, it's a perfect opportunity to analyze "research data"! ;)

On my trip to Orient Beach (Kakao I think) we saw a total of three strollers that were totally nude (unless you count hats). I think most of us were too busy enjoying swimming in that gorgeous Caribbean to care much who was walking the beach, or what they did or did not have on.

• 2 weeks later...

Was there in Jan 07 and saw maybe 10 topless women and one (brave soul) nude man. Most of the women were 50+ and the guy was 70 if he was a day. More funny than anything.

Just back did the tour with bernards was awesome, went to orient beach, full nudity , not what I expected, 45 years old I was not old enough for nude beach ave age 70...still a great tour with bernerds,great rum punch...

Archived