seasickness relief

wlfarm

If you're really sick on the ship, the doctor can give you a shot (of something, I never have caught the name) in the bum and it provides almost instant relief, I've heard. So there is no reason to suffer. The appointment and the shot will cost $80-$100 which travel insurance will ultimately cover. We don't generally get sea sick, and I have stopped taking lots of potential remedies with us, but I do know that the shot is available as a last resort. My understanding is that you'll also sleep for awhile after getting it, which isn't a bad thing either, if you've been sick for awhile.

My mom has to use the patches just to fly, and when we went to Europe, her side affects were awful. Still, you do what you have to do.

I have used just about everything!

Bonine is good, except the drowsiness for some, no biggie for me. "seabands", the elastic ones with the ball for accupressure don't work for me. Scopalamine patches work, again drowsiness for some, definitely dry mouth and by the end of the week the blurred vision was enough for me! Now the "relief bands" that produce an electric impulse are simply the best for me.

I was introduced to them by one of my doctors because I have terrible nausea associated with sedation. They used it on my to prevent me from getting sick when I come too after med procedures. It was the ONLY thing that worked, even after they emptied they med cabinet of anti-nausea meds for me. Yes, it's pricey, but to me WELL worth it.

Seasickness will never stop me!

Good luck in finding your right method and cruise on!

Archived