WII Do they work on the ship

MTJZ

Myself, DH and DS are booked on the Carnival Liberty and our DS is hooked on the WII, we recently got back from a shopping trip in North Conway and took it with us for him to play with during the down times, when we were getting ready to go do things or planning what we were going to do that day. It was a life saver because he is 6 and full of life, so it kept him occupied until we were ready to go.

Myself, DH and DS are booked on the Carnival Liberty and our DS is hooked on the WII, we recently got back from a shopping trip in North Conway and took it with us for him to play with during the down times, when we were getting ready to go do things or planning what we were going to do that day. It was a life saver because he is 6 and full of life, so it kept him occupied until we were ready to go.

I just cruised with my 4year old grandson a couple of weeks ago on the Ecstasy, and we took his gamecube AND a portable dvd player. I've never been on the liberty, but I'm sure the tv has those colored hook up things

(:o sorry, don't know what those are called, lol). I brought a power strip also. I'm SO glad we brought them, because he could play gamecube while I took a shower and got ready. Also, bringing the dvd player and some of our favorite "kid" movies was great too, because we could hop into bed and snuggle while we watched "Alvin and the Chipmunks" everynight...night after night...his favorite movie...every night...:eek: :D

On my first cruise my son was 6 and he was a xbox360 junkie. He had no need to bring any video games.....there is so much to do on any cruise for any age group. My kids will even give up Christmas presents to cruise on Christmas week. Come on get away from everyday stuff.....jobs...video games...ect.......Just enjoy the cruise.

On my first cruise my son was 6 and he was a xbox360 junkie. He had no need to bring any video games.....there is so much to do on any cruise for any age group. My kids will even give up Christmas presents to cruise on Christmas week. Come on get away from everyday stuff.....jobs...video games...ect.......Just enjoy the cruise.

No need for that crap??? No offense, but the OP didn't ask for opinions on whether or not TAKING a Wii was the right thing to do or not, they asked if they could be hooked up to the tv on the Liberty! There IS a lot of stuff to do on the ship, and my 4yo grandson DID a lot of stuff, but having his gamecube was a lifesaver for us, since I was cruising alone with him, and like i said, it occupied him while i took a quick shower and got ready. I do agree that getting away from everyday stuff is great when you cruise, but taking things that kids are familiar with isn't harmful as long as they play those things in moderation.

Thanks for the info I have cruised twice with Carnival with a group of girlfriends and this will be my DH and DS first cruise and am looking forward to Camp Carnival for our DS. Hope that the Wii does work, like SherriNtexas said it will be great for when we are in the shower or just getting ready for dinner and the DVD player is a good idea too.

I would be frightened that the Wii would get stolen, and I wouldn't take it. (We own one, so I understand the appeal.)

Can you find something that is less expensive that you can take to entertain him? Or at least something smaller? It has been a long time since I've been on Carnival and I don't remember the size of their safes. (Maybe someone else can give you some dimensions.)

You already supply PS3 and XBOX game stations for the kids and have tournaments, here is an example of the activites they have for them to keep them busy:

Valor's Camp Carnival:

Ages 2-5 years http://members.cox.net/wennfred3/2-5.html

Ages 6-8 years http://members.cox.net/wennfred2/6-8.html

Ages 9-11 years http://members.cox.net/wennfred3/9-11.html

Ages 12-14 http://members.cox.net/wennfred4/12-14.html

Under 2 years old http://members.cox.net/wennfred2/Under2.html

Fred

We will be taking our Wii and our XBox 360 in July.

We took our Xbox last year and there was no issue. My son did loan one of the DJs his newest Halo game to play as the crew had not played it yet. They borrowed it twice on port days and gave him some game room tokens as a thank you.

Whatever works for you and your family is what you need to do. My vacation may consist of laying in the sun like a slug, or doing ecotours 90 to nothing............

I would be frightened that the Wii would get stolen, and I wouldn't take it. (We own one, so I understand the appeal.)

Can you find something that is less expensive that you can take to entertain him? Or at least something smaller? It has been a long time since I've been on Carnival and I don't remember the size of their safes. (Maybe someone else can give you some dimensions.)

I have a WII( great exercise) and it is not that big, not quite sure of the safe dimensions, but it should fit inside if you lay it down flat.

Yeah, I remember Matchbox cars and G.I. Joes :)

My grandson has tons of toys that aren't electronics! I DID buy him one of those smartcycles where you pedal while playing games, and he loves it! He was even on it pedaling while playing his gamecube!:)

I have a Wii which he enjoys playing once in a while, but he really loves playing with playdoh and painting! I think a nice balance of electronic games and other toys is perfect for kids.

I told my 14yo she can bring her DS with her, but I'm lugging 10 or 12 books that she wants to bring as well. There's not that much room for her to bring that many when traveling to London for our July cruise. She's going to have to either bring books she can leave on the ship or reread a couple of them. She's a bookworm, but likes her DS too.

I haven't seen the safes on Carnival yet but if they are anything like the ones on Princess they are not big enough for a wii. And I would be more worried about something happening to it going to/from the ship than your room steward. I had no problem leaving a $1200 laptop laying out everyday, they aren't into the stealing business, they work too hard to get their jobs to begin with.

MTJZ,

It depends on what you mean by "will it work" on the ship. As long as the TV has the right hook-ups (sorry, don't know what they're called), the Wii will work if you just want to play games. However, the Wii also has a lot of interactive features and games that require an wireless internet connection, so those won't work. (I don't believe there's a wireless connection in the rooms, but I could be wrong).

Thanks everyone for your help. We will be taking our Wii with us!! It saves me for when I am getting ready in the morning before we start our day our DS is a very early morning kid he is usually up by 6am:eek: and I think camp carnival does not even open until 8am.

Terry

Archived